midcaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• midcaps

Just converted to midcaps today, I have heard that it's a good idea to not fully load them. How do you know when they are full/nearly full?

Thanks in advance

Re: midcaps

I have never heard anything about never fully loading them but it could be true. I know my Midcap is full when it doesn't let me put any more bb's in. I use a speadloader and it's when the mag just doesn't let you put anymore in. I have described this awfully but I hope you understand. As for knowing for when it's almost full I don't think there is a way of knowing that or at least not a way that I know.
    sigpic

Comment

depends on the make of Mid caps in question in my experience. The less expensive versions can be made with weaker springs or weaker internals, and, as such, if you try and fill them full, the spring can deform and fail. The more expensive ones (such as the actual Magpul P and E Mags) you can fill to the max time and time again and they just dont break.

Dont leave Mid Caps loaded for extended periods of time if you can help it. If you fill them saturday night then play sunday, you'd probably experience no issues, but fill them monday if your playing sunday, you might have some issues! As I said, depends on the make of them. I cant speak for all makes, only what Ive used!

As for knowing when they are full, or nearly full....one way, only fill your speedloader with as many rounds as your mag can handle. If you have a mag that holds 100 rounds, fill your speedloader to just under the 100 mark on it, so you know you've loaded 95 rounds or so. Alternatively, if your filling them up all the way, just keep loading the BBs in. when its full you wont be able to push anymore in, and boom, a full mid cap!
      sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

the way i do it is, find out how many bbs your speed loader put out per load, then times that by the amount of bbs your mid caps take, bobs your uncle.

1 load = 4bb - mid cap takes 80 bb = 20 loads

simples
        Current : Systema Mk18 CQBR, KSC Glock 17

Wanted : TM VSR Gspec, TM Sig 226

Comment

I have a game tomorrow, and have just been loading my midcaps to check them etc..

I loaded one until it was full/ couldn't load anymore into the mag. I then emptied it, and counted how many rounds it held, They are meant to hold 120 but I only counted about 70 odd.. Do I have to loosen the spring up a bit by using them?

- - - Updated - - -

the mags in question are some cheapo king arms 120rd's

Comment

King arms ones will loosen a little over time,
            From experience with thier M4 and G3 midcaps, don't try to force rounds in once the speedloader has resistance, as generally this results in splitting the mags.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

trigger happy Find out more about trigger happy
            Working...
            X