Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which SCAR?

Hi guys,

Made a start into airsoft with a G&G M4 last October, perfect starter rifle but now looking to upgrade. In terms of possibilities I really like the SCAR models, specifically the light versions (especially as these will hopefully take the m4 mags I currently have). Would consider Heavy versions as well though. Not looking to spend massive amounts as unfortunately I don't have the cash, but would be looking towards the £350 mark (need a rifle for the National Airsoft Event that has good range, ROF and accuracy). Heard a lot about VFC, Ares, TM (though TM would probably be out of my budget), was wondering if any of you had any recommendations or warnings?

Much appreciated!

James

Re: Which SCAR?

I have a G&G Scar-L and it shoots great straight out of the box. Everything is tight, with a solid construction that can take a fair ol' beating, which is good because I'm rarely gentle with it.
    Not a lot can go wrong with their SCAR model because it's so simple, although I do dislike the rear stock connector pins... which are a little too fiddly when removing the backside.

It costs roughly £320 and all it needs is a decent lipo before you're ready to go. A fair ROF on a 7.4 lipo, accurate out to 50 yards and I've had no issues. It does indeed take M4-M16 mags so you wouldn't need to shell out for those.
    That'd be my recommendation.

If you need pictures let me know. Happy hunting!

Comment

Vfc scar!!

Fact ill be putting mine up for sale soon
      FOR SALE
      7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
      , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

Pros and cons (of the ones i've worked on):

G&G - pain in the arse to dissassemble, gearbox shell is very thin and may crack after extended use. Fire selector gears are very well thought out though. Stock battery rail system is very poor, as is the way the stock locks open - too much force and it will collapse.

VFC - prettier than the G&G, strips in a far more sensible manner, however the fire selector gears are more fiddly. Their approach to the stock is better, and you can fit much bigger batteries in it far quicker and easier. Quality of the fragile bits (like iron sights) is far higher.
        Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Have found a link to someone selling a vfc scar, used, year old, with eotech (clone), hi cap, bipod and a 7.4v lipo for £300 + p&p. Is that a good deal? Have had a look around and can't find new vfc scars but heard the retail price was around 350 for them new. You guys know if that's a good deal?

Comment

Really it matters on the condition of it... One person may have it for a year, run it into the ground....

Had mine less tgan that and prob not had a full days skirmish
            FOR SALE

Comment

Dare I ask if Classic Arms' Scars are worth it?

Comment

Ive heard there pretty good... I think it goes tm, vfc, ares, gg, classic army, dboys, jls
                FOR SALE

Comment

Talking about tokyo mauri I am being drawn to buying the scar H but everybody here in the uk is out of stock I don't really want to buy from Hong Kong although RW are even out of stock but after watching the reviews of the tm I'm sold
                  Have been told that m4 mags are ok to use with tm scar is this true the vfc scar would be my next choice if I can't locate a tm

Comment

The H is for 'Heavy' as in 7.62x51mm as opposed to 'Light' for standard 5.56x45mm sizing. Scar-L is what you're after. Also I'm fairly sure TM uses proprietary recoil mags to accommodate the bolt lock function so although you can use M4 mags with them, you won't be able to use standard AEG M4 mags.
                    Originally posted by Lt. Macka
                    big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

Originally posted by Proto View Post
                      The H is for 'Heavy' as in 7.62x51mm as opposed to 'Light' for standard 5.56x45mm sizing. Scar-L is what you're after. Also I'm fairly sure TM uses proprietary recoil mags to accommodate the bolt lock function so although you can use M4 mags with them, you won't be able to use standard AEG M4 mags.
                      Thanks for info but the H has longer barrel I like long expensive things

Comment

I thought they were the same length, full length and CQB for both?
                        Originally posted by Lt. Macka
                        big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

Originally posted by Proto View Post
                          I thought they were the same length, full length and CQB for both?
                          The H comes with barrel extension

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jrgillespie1 Find out more about jrgillespie1
                          Working...
                          X