Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my gun help (l85 and SCAR's)

Hey guys and gals.

So another one of my nooby questions. What brand of l85 is good. I've been looking on the forum to see if I can get a bargain but I just don't know what brand to get. I have heard rumors and things on my last post but I just wanted to be sure. If I can't find a l85 at a good price then SCAR's it is. Then what's the best value scar! I've been looking at a agm scar on here. Yes or no on the agm! I just don't know!

Thanks airsofters

Re: my gun help (l85 and SCAR's)

As you are under 18 (according to your other post) you cannot buy a RIF (realistic imitation firearm - black guns to most people) or IF (imitation firearm - commonly known as two tones as the gun has more than 51% a bright colour) due to the vcra (legislation that governs the sale of RIFs and IFs).

I would strongly recommend attending a local site that provides hire guns and make sure you actually want to do airsoft before you try to buy a RIF which you shouldn't be able to buy. Should you be absolutely desperate for a gun, your parents may buy an IF (assuming they don't airsoft) and lend it to you, but thats still trying to circumvent the law and you will end up with a brightly coloured gun which you won't like and would then be illegal for you to paint or cover in tape as you would be manufacturing a RIF.

As for trying to answer your question about which am bestest l85. I understand ICS and g&g are 2 good brands that do them, I have heard g&g gen 1 versions are temperamental and gen 2's are an improvement. I have known people who have had issues with the ICS and it seems there are some fairly common problems with them too.

As you are a new player, young and (assumption here) probably not an experienced engineer, I would recommend considering the g&g combat machine (cm16) it's cheap, a good starter gun, generally solid, can be 2 toned etc

Hope this helps.
    sigpic

Comment

i do not mind having a two toned gun to be honest. however, being a quite good engineer (got a A in my practical course work), i do want to experiment with gearing and such. I have been to my local sites many times and used m4's, SCAR's, l85's and AK's. I do not really like m4's because i dont like the way they feel. AK's are ok but i really love the l85's and scars. Beings as im a air cadet, ive shot the actual l85a2. Buying a airsoft one (no matter if its two tone) will just feel right in my hands. Also, my friend has a scar, its amazing. ,i love the 'feel' of the weapon.

hope this adds 'information'

Comment

Though you would still be unable buy one as you must be 18 or over to buy one whether it's a private sale or not. Dropping 300 big ones on a two tone seems ludicrous to me. That and you'll stand out like a sore thumb!
        Upcoming Games:
        None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
        Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

If you really want the best L85 you can get, save up, go to a few games then when your 18th birthday comes around buy yourself one with the best externals and give it a good upgrade internally. Then you'll have a very nice starter gun you won't consider selling for a long time and it won't be devalued heavily by a nice coating of snot if you do eventually decide to sell up.
          Originally posted by Lt. Macka
          big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
          X