Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

best gun i can get two toned (starter gun) for £180 or less that is not a m4 variant!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best gun i can get two toned (starter gun) for £180 or less that is not a m4 variant!

Hello airsofters,
    Again I have another post!
    On my last two post's, people have recommend that I go to my local site and use their guns. I have. They let me try a whole spectrum. I have been to local sites LOADS now. But the one bad thing is that I mostly see m4 variants such as g&g combat machines and such. They are good but I really don't like using them. In quick words, I really don't like m4's.
    However, I don't know what to buy for a total package of less than £180. I don't mind second hand as long as it is not a m4. I am looking at bullpup rifles such as the aug's and smg's like mp7's and mp5's and a really good agm scar deal on here. Just need advice on a complete package that is not a combat machine or m4 or m16 that could be two toned. I really want to get into the sport and don't want to keep forking out £40 a time to hire a gun. I also do spray painting with airfix and could easily two tone a gun myself. I own plenty of krylon!

But anyway, that wraps everything up. Sorry for being a pain but as my name suggests, I am 'The airsoft noob'

many thanks

Re: best gun i can get two toned (starter gun) for £180 or less that is not a m4 vari

G&G MP5 Combat Machine?

Anyway, don't get it two-toned, if you've been to your site loads you don't need it to be and it'd be a shame to bring a beautiful gun in to this world only for it to be scarred for life...
    Originally posted by Lt. Macka
    big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

Re: best gun i can get two toned (starter gun) for £180 or less that is not a m4 vari

You cant 2tone legally with Krylon for starters.
      Who will be paying for this gun?
      section 24 of the 1968 Act
      Supplying imitation firearms to minors
      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by The airsoft noob View Post
        I have been to local sites LOADS now.
        Then why do you need a two-tone'd gun? Are you under 18? If 'loads' means 'three or more times in three or more months' then you have the required level of participation for a UKARA defence; even if your sites aren't UKARA registered/you've never been to the same site three times, you can still avail yourself of a defence. If you provide a list of the three games you attended in more than two months and the contact details for the sites who can confirm your attendance, you should be fine.

If you're looking for a complete package at sub-£200 that's not an M4 you're looking at some very cheap ACM guns firsthand (avoid) or your pick of almost anything secondhand. Alternatively, if you're not confident working on a gun, maybe buy the gun firsthand (a G&G Combat Machine RK47 will come with a full metal body for £130 with a year's warranty from a very pleasant UK retailer) and the accessories secondhand - that way the expensive bit will be warrantied even if the magazines, batteries and chargers aren't. There is a reason a lot of people buy a G&G Combat Machine M4 as their first gun - they're absolutely brilliant...

Comment

wup wup wup. Hes under 18.
          1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
          2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
            wup wup wup. Hes under 18.
            Shouldn't he have a tag under his forum name?

In that case, my advice of buying at least the accessories (the sling, the magazines, the charger) secondhand still stands but I think you'd be better off buying the gun from somewhere with a warranty. A G&G RK47 starts at £129.99 at insert-retailer-here; a G&G MP5A4 blowback is £10 less. Add £10 for two-toning and you're done.

Comment

Originally posted by PureSilver View Post
              Shouldn't he have a tag under his forum name?

In that case, my advice of buying at least the accessories (the sling, the magazines, the charger) secondhand still stands but I think you'd be better off buying the gun from somewhere with a warranty. A G&G RK47 starts at £129.99 at insert-retailer-here; a G&G MP5A4 blowback is £10 less. Add £10 for two-toning and you're done.
              Under 18 is only marked if you do something questionable at U18 and Z1 does two-tone free, G&Gs are on sale too.
              Originally posted by Lt. Macka
              big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

Ah, thanks for the explanation. It seems a bit odd that if you're trying to break the law (and therefore endanger the seller) you get tagged as a juvenile rather than banned, but fair play, I suppose we have to take into account the possibility that some users are so oblivious they genuinely don't know they're breaking the rules.

Z1 do indeed have a G&G sale on, so not a bad time to buy.

Comment

Ignorance of the rules is no excuse though. This guy should have read the forum rules first.
                  There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

To answer all the questions posted (1) i do not go to just one site. i got to around 4. So i switch sites a lot. (2) My dad would purchase the gun and keep it away from me till i go airsofting. (3) I do not know how to tag my name as under 18. I have read the rules but do not know how. When i have tried to purchase a gun. I always put in the message that i am under 18 and explain. However, most people are fine with me two toning by myself. Is it against the law? That's if its second hand. I do want to be as safe and legal as possible. So when i buy from ZI or Z1, i will either tick the two tone button or explain my situation.

many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by The airsoft noob View Post
                      To answer all the questions posted (1) i do not go to just one site. i got to around 4. So i switch sites a lot. (2) My dad would purchase the gun and keep it away from me till i go airsofting. (3) I do not know how to tag my name as under 18. I have read the rules but do not know how. When i have tried to purchase a gun. I always put in the message that i am under 18 and explain. However, most people are fine with me two toning by myself. Is it against the law? That's if its second hand. I do want to be as safe and legal as possible. So when i buy from ZI or Z1, i will either tick the two tone button or explain my situation.

many thanks
                      Legally your father is able to purchase the two toned IF and then gift it to you (as long as there is no exchange of money). There is no age restriction on the ownership of a IF or RIF, simply the purchase of it. You cannot purchase a RIF and then two tone it, as you are still purchasing a RIF without a defense (and you can't purchase one as you are under 18). Doesn't matter if it is second hand or from a shop. The gun must be sold as an IF if you do not have a valid defense as outlined by the Home Office.

Comment

ok thanks RedHawk. This really helped. My dad is going to buy me a good gun as a gift. Yes it will be two toned by the shop. Thanks again people

Comment

1) you can't purchase a gun, you are under 18. It is illegal for you to do so.
                          2) you have no real defence that can be proved so you or you dad can't purchase a RIF.
                          3) who in their right mind would sell an under 18 a gun under the premis that you will 2tone it with a correct VCRA specified colour upon receipt?
                          4) you won't be ordering from anywhere, it will be you dad who does. For this it will be gifted to you by him. There will be no exchange of money or services for this gift, that would make it illegal.
                          5) you don't tag yourself 'U18', the mods do if you are found to be using the classifieds illegally, which you have already admitted to in an above post.
                          6) should you be gifted a 2tone, you are NOT allowed to paint it a non 2tone colour without reasonable defence.
                          7) reasonable defence only covers you once over the age of 18. Some sites do a junior membership, this does NOT entitle you to buy RIFs or IFs, it just means you are a member of a site, should your transport be stop searched, you have proof as to the reason you have the guns. It also means upon turning 18, you could in theory upgrade membership and get added to the database straight away.
                          8) playing different sites all the time might mean getting membership is awkward.

Comment

Try a JG Thunder Maul, at least that way it was offensive to the eyes before it was two toned.
                            Originally posted by tackle
                            For the haters who feel that bamf, & others, are picking on you, GROW THE FUCK UP, their actually trying to stop you destroying our sport or having even more draconian measures foisted upon us.

Comment

Please use the search function.

Closed.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                              X