KWA M4 PEQ Box/Battery help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KWA M4 PEQ Box/Battery help

Hi, First post here and as far as i can tell, this is a good place to post this thread, Did a forum search but came up with nothing

Basically i got my first Airsoft gun this week, a KWA M4A1, But i really dislike the handguard, I would love to get a different one with some rails, But then realised that's where the battery is! After doing some searching i came across something called a PEQ box, So I've looked around but i am getting so confused with battery sizes and all the numbers etc it's driving me crazy, and would greatly appreciate some help on the matter

Can anyone suggest a PEQ Box and battery that would fit a KWA M4A1? I don't understand half the things I'm reading lol, I assume almost any "M4" Handguard would fit so that shouldn't be an issue
    Thanks for reading, and again, I appreciate any help at all, regarding this matter or just general advice

Re: KWA M4 PEQ Box/Battery help

hi what battery's are you using that would determine the size of peq box your using also you can fit a battery is some ris style rail systems.

thanks sean

Comment

Originally posted by sean20012 View Post
      hi what battery's are you using that would determine the size of peq box your using also you can fit a battery is some ris style rail systems.

thanks sean
      Hey, I'm not sure what battery I currently have because there is no sticker on it, And really i was looking to just start fresh, New battery/new box and new rails because the guy who had the gun before me did a little bit of a butcher job changing connectors on the battery and i don't trust it isn't a fire hazard lol

Comment

Count the cells, they're 1.2v each in a nimh so 7.2v is 6 cells, 8.4v/7, 9.6v/8, etc.

You can also wire the gearbox up so you put a stock tube lipo in, you guessed it, the stock tube, It also looks a lot better with no loose wires anywhere.
        Originally posted by Lt. Macka
        big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

its a difficult one really if you don't have much experience then I would recommend a drop in ris and fit the battery in there some thing along the lines of this
          http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=8196. as I use a 7v lipo in a peq box and its tiny also needed to rewire the front end as wires wasn't long enough.

thanks sean

is your aeg 2 tone

Comment

its a difficult one really if you don't have much experience then I would recommend a drop in ris and fit the battery in there some thing along the lines of this
            http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=8196. as I use a 7v lipo in a peq box and its tiny also needed to rewire the front end as wires wasn't long enough.

thanks sean

is your aeg 2 tone
            Damn, more expensive than i thought:D I might end up just replacing the battery i have then, NI-MH 8.4V 1200 m AH is the battery details, Just found then! I just don't trust old batterys/chargers that are wired dodgy, considering there is also sellotape involved :S
            And yes it's two tone at the moment, i Plan on changing that though

Comment

you can get them cheaper google is your friend forum rules state I cant link to airsoft retailers. till you become a regular skirmisher I would stick with the one you have and just get a new battery then when you have a defence to the vcra then when you can mod away or sell it and get none two tone way you like. but till you have a defence you must keep it 51% a bright colour and it is a crime to create a IF until you have a defence.

thanks sean

IF = imitation firearm
              vcra = violent crime reduction act

Comment

you can get them cheaper google is your friend forum rules state I cant link to airsoft retailers. till you become a regular skirmisher I would stick with the one you have and just get a new battery then when you have a defence to the vcra then when you can mod away or sell it and get none two tone way you like. but till you have a defence you must keep it 51% a bright colour and it is a crime to create a IF until you have a defence.

thanks sean

IF = imitation firearm
                vcra = violent crime reduction act
                Oh, i wasn't aware of that, I had seen a lot of things about a UKARA license but wasn't sure about how you get one, Plus I didn't plan on doing skirmishes or using it in public, my brother loves airsofting but i have public anxiety issues lol so the thought of going out scares the crap out of me, I thought it i wasn't taking it into a public place it should be fine?
                Thanks for your help Sean, appreciate it!

Comment

sorry ment rif = real imitation firearm all black if = Imation firearm 51% bright colour. missed edit.

ukara is not I licence it is one of meny defences but is not the only one.

thanks sean

Comment

Another thing i noticed, is by getting a PEQ is that the batterys that i can find that fit them have low numbers, So being a bit of a newbie I'm unsure what they mean, does it mean they won't be as powerful, or they won't last as long? Or is it not that simple lol

Comment

volts is power mah Is length of time so a 7.2v 900mah wouldn't last as long as a 7.2v 1600mah battery. but you wont fit a large battery in the smaller peq boxes and you will lust have to have a few of them and change them during the day. but if your just plinking in your back yard then just get two should last you more than enough. or get one like you have now to fit in the hand guard and get a two piece ris simler to the link above just google it or go on to the bay of e.

Comment

With lipos a 7.4v (2 lipo cells) will perform closer to a 9.6v nimh and the C rating is it's discharge rate, mAh still measures capacity.

Comment

Originally posted by Proto View Post
                          With lipos a 7.4v (2 lipo cells) will perform closer to a 9.6v nimh and the C rating is it's discharge rate, mAh still measures capacity.
                          I was looking at a Lipo battery like this one http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=6007 But it worries me that it says if it goes flat, it will no longer work? Does that mean i have to charge it even when not using it incase it breaks?:S

Comment

It just means if you notice the rate of fire slow then you take it out and charge it sometime that day, lipos hold their charge well if I'm not mistaken so as long as you're not leaving it for stupid long periods of time then it's very unlikely your battery will go flat if you leave it after a full charge. For a lipo you should get a balance charger preferably w/ an auto cut-off as the other issue with lipos is that overcharge damages it more notably than nimhs, but these are really minor issues and lipos perform a lot better than their nimh or nicad cousins.

Comment

Originally posted by Proto View Post
                              It just means if you notice the rate of fire slow then you take it out and charge it sometime that day, lipos hold their charge well if I'm not mistaken so as long as you're not leaving it for stupid long periods of time then it's very unlikely your battery will go flat if you leave it after a full charge. For a lipo you should get a balance charger preferably w/ an auto cut-off as the other issue with lipos is that overcharge damages it more notably than nimhs, but these are really minor issues and lipos perform a lot better than their nimh or nicad cousins.
                              Oh ok, Thanks for your help

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

NorrinRadd Find out more about NorrinRadd
                              Working...
                              X