Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

FPS on a Cybergun Famas... does anyone know what it is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FPS on a Cybergun Famas... does anyone know what it is?

Good evening,

I just got a Cybergun Famas and am keen to take it along to a airsoft event.

It looks like the FPS needs to be below 350 for it to be ok to use.

So, anyone have any idea what it is on this AEG? I'm using 0.2 gram blaster devils bbs. It would be pretty sucky if I took it to a event... and then couldn't use it as the FPS was too high!

I searched the interwebz and it seems to vary a bit - the only accurate chrono I found was about 380 fps, but there was some serious youtube debate as another chap had it clocked at 320 fps.

Alternatively are there any 'home made' ways to check the FPS really roughly? It blew a fosters can in half from about 10 ft... so seems pretty powerful to me.

Any and all advice welcomed!

Regards,

Tom

Re: FPS on a Cybergun Famas... does anyone know what it is?

If you bought it from a store (and if you can) take it back and ask them if they will check the muzzle velocity for you. Running it over a chrono is the only real way to be sure.

The reason the web can't give you specific number is because you've bought an aeg licenced by Cybergun who (imo) churn out mostly overpriced and under QC'd pieces of sh!te.

Comment

Originally posted by psirus101 View Post
      If you bought it from a store (and if you can) take it back and ask them if they will check the muzzle velocity for you. Running it over a chrono is the only real way to be sure.

The reason the web can't give you specific number is because you've bought an aeg licenced by Cybergun who (imo) churn out mostly overpriced and under QC'd pieces of sh!te.
      Cheers dude, sounds like solid advice.

I did/have read a bit about peoples general dislike for Cybergun, but to me the Famas is so purty that I couldn't resist. Seems nice and solid and cycles nicely - so it doesn't seem to be a complete waste of money!

Obviously more shiny guns shall work their way into my hands and I might end up changing my opinion though!

Comment

FAMAS am bestest gun after all.
        There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Cybergun always advertise these at 420 or so, but that's with .12g BBs. With .20g you may still be looking at over 350, so it's worth a chrono.

Comment

Thing is take a chrono reading with a pinch of salt. Different chronos give different readings, so it all depends on the day and site. Good luck
            Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express Pro
            King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
            https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
            www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

I currently own a cybergun famas and can tell you that it comes at about 370-380 fps standard.
              I had to get mine downgraded to 325fps though

Comment

downgraded one for a customer ,standard it was around the 400fps on 0.2's, just get a 1j spring in there and it will be safe

Comment

Originally posted by Burmaluke View Post
                  I currently own a cybergun famas and can tell you that it comes at about 370-380 fps standard.
                  I had to get mine downgraded to 325fps though
                  Thanks all for the advice. Sounds like I will get it downgraded at some point then, I'll probably drop it off at the shop and get them to do it (anyone have a rough guess on what this would cost? I'm thinking £20 for a spring and a couple of hours work at £10 a hour?

Myself and a few friends are aiming to head down Ground Zero Woodland at the end of the month, so would people suggest I just leave the Famas at home for now and pick up a rental? I suppose I could bring it and if its too high FPS stick it in the car for the day.

Comment

Originally posted by tommmmy555 View Post
                    Thanks all for the advice. Sounds like I will get it downgraded at some point then, I'll probably drop it off at the shop and get them to do it (anyone have a rough guess on what this would cost? I'm thinking £20 for a spring and a couple of hours work at £10 a hour?

Myself and a few friends are aiming to head down Ground Zero Woodland at the end of the month, so would people suggest I just leave the Famas at home for now and pick up a rental? I suppose I could bring it and if its too high FPS stick it in the car for the day.
                    A spring should only be £10 or so, I just stuck a Guarder SP90 into my CYMA AK make sure it is allowed at GZ and it cost £8. The work may cost more, I know Zero One aren't very cheap, it would be more like £30 for them to fit it so shop around first. Could be worth finding someone on here to do it instead, lots of good tech guys about.

Comment

I would say your pricing is about right, but I would recommend taking it down to get downgraded ASAP because I doubt it will take more than 2 weeks for a downgrade. If you do that you shouldn't need to hire hopefully

Comment

I would say your pricing is about right, but I would recommend taking it down to get downgraded ASAP because I doubt it will take more than 2 weeks for a downgrade. If you do that you shouldn't need to hire hopefully
                        Cheers both, I'll see if I can get it done before the end of the month. If not then I'm sure I will survive with a rental!

Out of interest, I assume that if I buy a new gun I can ask the shop to make sure its under 350 fps (at a extra cost potentially) ?

Comment

Originally posted by tommmmy555 View Post
                          Cheers both, I'll see if I can get it done before the end of the month. If not then I'm sure I will survive with a rental!

Out of interest, I assume that if I buy a new gun I can ask the shop to make sure its under 350 fps (at a extra cost potentially) ?
                          When I bought my gun from a certain site in high Wycombe lane end, they downgraded it for free so if your anywhere near them I would recommend buying from them.

Comment

When I bought my gun from a certain site in high Wycombe lane end, they downgraded it for free so if your anywhere near them I would recommend buying from them.
                            Very handy to know! Thanks again.

Also:

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...66#post1182966

Very nice upgrades/mods on your Famas! Looks lovely.

How was she for skirmishing? Any good?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tommmmy555 Find out more about tommmmy555
                            Working...
                            X