Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Maruzen P99 - KWA P226 - TM - Pistol advice, to buy or not to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maruzen P99 - KWA P226 - TM - Pistol advice, to buy or not to buy?

Hey all, looking at pistols (first pistol) and have a budget of around £100. Found a link of someone selling a tan Maruzen p99 which I really like the look of, but haven't heard much of Maruzen as a manufacturer. Are they any good?

Was also looking at a KWA P226 that is 3 years old and an upgraded TM P226.

Any of you more experienced guys have any advice/recommendations based on my options/suggestions for other options? Was looking at KJ Works as well but heard they're not great.

Also, will age make a difference to the KWA? I don't particularly want to be spending ages on repairing it, especially as I'm not experienced.

Re: Maruzen P99 - KWA P226 - TM - Pistol advice, to buy or not to buy?

I could talk forever about pistols, but I'll try to keep to topic! Maruzen make nice collector guns - they are a little delicate, and although they can perform well, they're just not as solid as KWAs or TMs. If it will be your first pistol, I would recommend a TM if plastic is ok with you (They still make the best all round GBB pistols, as many people will tell you), or a KWA, KJW or WE if metal is a requirement. If it's low maintenance, all weather performance you want, go for a second hand TM. I personally have not found KWA to be very reliable.

Comment

Watch out when buying maruzen because some take 8mm bb's, as a first pistol I'd go with KWA because they are so sturdy and will last you ages and plus they are full metal , but hey thats just my opinion .
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by perry.L View Post
        Watch out when buying maruzen because some take 8mm bb's, as a first pistol I'd go with KWA because they are so sturdy and will last you ages and plus they are full metal , but hey thats just my opinion .
        That's Marushin

Comment

KWA or TM for pistols for me. I have had bad experiences with WE and won't go near them now. The KWAs are built very well, take care of them and they will work wonderfully. TMs are plastic, but it is very good quality plastic, and thus means the slide is much lighter, which makes for better gas efficiency and a snappy recoil, albeit not massively powerful.
          sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

Keep getting them two mixed up, although anything that takes 8mm bb's I wouldnt reccomend because they're like gold dust .
            sigpic

Comment

Keep getting them two mixed up, although anything that takes 8mm bb's I wouldnt reccomend because they're like gold dust .
              They are rare, although not a lot of people buy them so Zero One usually have them in stock:

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=2372
              http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=2373

Comment

£8 500rds , I would go through that in 1 game haha.
                sigpic

Comment

Haha guess it depends what you're firing them from I used an 8mm revolver and got through about 20 in one gameday!

Comment

I'm guessing you didn't use it much then ? I'm looking at getting the KWA G17 I heard it's great ?
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm guessing you didn't use it much then ? I'm looking at getting the KWA G17 I heard it's great ?
                      Only when necessary! I'm not a fan of KWA Glocks, or any KWA guns really, but they're not bad.

Comment

Has anyone heard of any good full auto pistols? (cue newbie jokes). Like the idea of them, handy for spray and pray type situations. The gbb would also hopefully terrify the opposition. Ideally with a fire selector for full auto/single fire, heard there are some good TM g18s but have found a KWA m93 raffica which I like the look of. On that note, how easy is it to find accessories for different types of gun? Can imagine the m93 accessories (spare mags, holster) would be fairly hard to find.

Comment

I don't really know how the fully-automatic pistol market's doing these days. I do know that the newer WE pistols that are 'selectable' full auto are to be avoided (they end up going full auto whether you like it or not) and that there's a new fully-automatic KWC Desert Eagle that I think you'd be best off avoiding too. The M93s are very large (two-handed, and if you're going to fire it two-handed, buy an MP7 and be done with it) and not very reliable from what I can remember.

I'd say your best options are Glock 18/18Cs - either TM or KSC/KWA - with the big 50rd extended magazines.

Comment

Going to have to disagree with PureSilver. I've got myself a WE Glock 18c and it's a fantastic bit of kit for the cost (~£90). Trades are crap, but as a gun, it's not had any trouble with the cold & mag dumping, or any of the usual WE complaints.

Hell back in December I managed to dump a mag via 3 auto bursts with no venting. However I'm willing to accept that this may be the only working WE pistol as my WE/SG MEU is utter shite.

Still, for a first gun, I'd recommend a TM - The TM Glock 18C gets quite good reviews, but may need a replacement slide after heavy use (apparently they start to go at the front eventually). Plenty of aftermarket parts are available for it if the worst happens though.

Comment

KWA/KSC G18cs are good bits of kit - not so much in cold weather, but CO2 mags are available.

Re: WE guns - many people seem to be praising them, including a couple of mates who bought them recently. But invariably, every single cry of praise of mates (and a few on this forum) has turned to dissappointment when (in anything between 20 and 6000 rounds) their gun breaks - be it a semi auto pistol going full auto only, or (get this) a new WE Gen 4 glock (according to several friends "it am bestest glock") firing it's outer barrel instead of a bb... that was after about 5 skirmishes.

I rinse my KSC G18c. It's been dropped. It's been stood on, had pyro go off next to it, been forced to fire while I hold the slide in battery, and it still works.

Based on the trademarks on the frame it is a 1st generation KSC G18c, which makes it at least 6 years old, and a few parts have failed. These have been readily replaced by parts supplied by KWA and or from HK websites, normally at very affordable rates. Before I bought it it had a plastic slide as well, and it still worked.

If your that concerned about performance you can get new mags and rebuild your gun with ATP internals, improving gas efficiency, but you shouldnt need to.

As and when WE can produce a pistol that is as beautifully gas efficient (especially at sub-zero temperatures) as their current ones, but is as solidly built as a TM or a KWA, I will buy the crap out of it.
                              Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jrgillespie1 Find out more about jrgillespie1
                              Working...
                              X