Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery Calulation - Correct?

Hello All,

I have played airsoft for a long time now, since I was 13. I have always had second hand bats and not really looked after them. I now have brought my self some nice new ones. I just want someone who has a good knowlege of this to make sure I right so I can care for these 4.

Right -

G&P 9.6 1600mAh Mini ~ on a Pro Peak 130mh output = (first slow charge) 14.8 hours

And then the same for my 2 8.4 1600mAh's

Ash

Re: Battery Calulation - Correct?

Good grief man!

Set it to 500 miliamps (the lowest setting) oh, wait, it is the varipulse 2500 right?

You need to be a lot clearer!

The non varipulse charges at 3.5 amps on fast charge and knackers a lot of batteries.

If this is why you are looking at charging at a trickle, then you need to change your charger as trickle charging modern batteries is not especially good for them. You want to condition the battery at a much higher level.

The basic rule is never charge at greater than 1C

So a 1000 mah battery max safe charge rate would be 1amp for about an hour give or take.

I tend to charge my 1500mah batteries at around 1amp to 1.2 amps and my large 3300 and above batteries at 2amps.

NEVER had a SINGLE issue doing this in... 3 years or so.

130 miliamps... cor...

Comment

Yup. I make it 17.2 hrs though as I multiply capacity by x1.4 first.

Comment

I make it 17.2 hr too. like watching paint dry get a decent charger and switch to li po's lol
        Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ash77ah Find out more about Ash77ah
        Working...
        X