Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can i expect in being a sniper At woodland

Before i start

NO, I HAVE PLAYED AIRSOFT! but not at GZW only private land and up in london

NO!, I HAVE SHOT A SNIPER RIFLE BEFORE! I shoot at christchruch occasionally

YES!, i obtained those weapons you see in my picture thread through legitimate means!

Ok now i can begin before anyone starts moaning

What can i expect?

Yes i know i will not enjoy first time round..possibly even though im dead keen, but what is the snipers style of play at GZW, are there key sniper points that overlook areas of importance, raised ground we can camp up on? are the snipers lone wolfs or tag along and get to a position when needed.

Fill me in guys wont be long now

Re: What can i expect in being a sniper At woodland

During the summer using a sniper rifle is hard because of all the braken and furns etc its hard to see anything far away
    I have an aimpoint on my member

Comment

There are plenty of places to snipe from at GZW - everywhere you go is uphill!!

There are a lot of rhodedendron bushes in some areas, but a fair bit is quite open too. There's usually someone to tag along with if you want. When you sign in just remember to pick up a map of the site and a game plan - you'll still get lost but at least you'll have something to read

See you there soon

GadgetMaster

Comment

Cheers Zanzibar and Gadget

Few items to sort out then ill be there
        Concealment Vest and burlap
        Hardcase
        More BB's

Comment

Theres always loads of snipers. You dont need to have a good knowledge of the area to be a good sniper at GZW. Theres a 1000 and 1 places, and if your good, just lie in the middle of nothing. Simple.

Comment

As already has been said, there are many places and positions you could snipe well from. The tower at checkpoint charlie for example, however if you really want to be a great sniper you need to find a place that no one else has found or thought of- maximising your chances of remaining hidden and lowering your chances of being sought out by your enemy. Use the natural terrain to find somewhere like that, and idealy you want somewhere where the enemy are going to come past unawares, such as a crossroads or outside a base. Relocate when you can but not if you risk geting hit
            G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
            RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

either that or you can play as a tactical sniper. there have been many times when i have been skirmishing and have been pinned down by a support weapon that is out of range, be it uphill so he can hit me but i cant hit him, or be it that there isnt sufficient cover to get close enough to hit him from where i am. a sniper that can move around quickly and take someone out such as that is ideal especially in the confined spaces of some of the objectives.
              you can do that by either tuning in to your team radio channel and awaiting the call for help, or (and by far the most fun way) go around with a team big or small and cover their movements by taking out targets before they can tae out the team.
              being a sniper that way keeps things interesting and means you dont get bored awaiting your next victim. in my opinion anyway.
              this is why im saving for a bar 10 as a long range back up for my hk416.
              but yeah. ground zero is pretty good for any style of play cus a team always needs someone for each occation.

hope that helped a bit although a bit off topic :-S
              TEAM TG: 'TWO TONE'

BRAVO

Comment

Depends how you play... the other guys have made good points... Expect to be bored and not shoot much... Sniping isnt about mega awesone tons of kills...
                Depends how you go... marksman with a squad, or alone or with a spotter stalking... depends, Take your rifle, and go play, see what you enjoy most. its about fun afterall.

Comment

i couldnt agree more with kitten. even after my rant lol.
                  eveyone i know prefers to do things their way so it really is about finding out how you play. i have a short attention span so assault is generally my thing but ive got a mate in my 'team' (small but still a team) who had 3 snipers at one point and loved sitting in a bush all day. get down to the site and have fun.

and btw minisnipa you dont need to have a burlap concealment vest or a hard case to come down. keep it basic. less to worry about
                  TEAM TG: 'TWO TONE'

BRAVO

Comment

tbh, you dont need a ghillie mostly... Camies, belt kit, and cam cream on pink bits and stay bloody still... most airsofters dont see it unless it moves... they are like dinosaurs with guns (and mostly bellies)

Comment

Ooh you body-nazi kitten- nothing with a bit of belly!

A good bit of advice that though, if you get prone and take care of your camo you will get the drop on 75% of airsofters. Most dont look on the ground (myself occasionally included) in airsoft as many dont like rolling round in the mud so low can be the best policy :D

Dave

Comment

indeed... as murphy say... try to look unimportant... they might be low on ammo.

Comment

ive just started sniping and with my 'team' with me its not so boring. no ghillies arent as useful but id suggest get camoflage from your surrondings to blend in. and dont 'camp' with more than 2 people. if someone heres you they'll probly spray in your direction! anyway also patients and side arms. keep your side arm near to your hand!

anyway are 'team' are trying a new tactic text woodland but cant say to much .

anyway have fun and enjoy yourself.

mike
                          sharpshooter,not sniper.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

MiniSnipa Adam Purcell, 17, Student, Brockenhurst College Studying Uniformed public services Find out more about MiniSnipa
                          Working...
                          X