Sniper bbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sniper bbs

Hi, would anyone be able to send me some sniper bbs? As i want to try out different weights but do not want to fork out on expensive tubs?

Re: Sniper bbs

I have some .25's, .30's and .36's I can send you (all zero-one brand). PM me you address.

http://mackila.com/airsoft/atp/04-a-01.htm has some really good info on bb weights for snipers. Have a look at the chart about 1/2 way down the page. Essentially for around the 450-450 FPS with .20 you should be using .30 for best effective range.

Matt
    Sent using ones and zeros over the ether.
    --
    I appear to be highly attractive to bb's; yet highly repulsive to springs and gearbox internals...

Comment

Thankyou what bbs would tou recomend for the modify mod 24?

Comment

Anyone please?

Comment

Matt gave you the means to work it out yourself, you don't need us to spoon feed you.
          Originally posted by Lt. Macka
          big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

i use .20 in mine but its only in the garden at 30 yards,I could not understand the chart it looks confusing to say the least if you are new to different sizes.I have only ever had to chose 177 or 22 for a air pistol before.

Comment

Assuming your rifle is shooting 500fps, you go .3g for best results according to this. There will always be variance between guns which you will have to test yourself, but it gives as good an idea as you're gonna get from a second hand source.

*wipes his spoon and puts it away*

Comment

depends on FPS would be better for the bb. mines 350 fps, and i use .30g, works really well, some places do small packs of ammo, like in 100s or 50s for cheap.

Comment

do the 30 go as far a 20, mine shoots 12 ok up to 20 /30yards but not as hard hitting as 20, but i would think the 12 go father, so would a 30 shoot a shorter distance but more punch than a 20, at maxium distance the 30 would reach,i asume the 20 would go a bit further.

Comment

.12g don't hold enough weight or density, it's not even worth considering them for the sake of your gun. Heavier weights hold their momentum better and thus are more accurate due to being harder for the wind to push, this also helps range as although they don't travel as fast, they don't slow down as quickly.

Comment

so its best to check your gun with different sizes.

Comment

Airsoft is nearly exclusively 6mm, marushin's 8mm is the only exception and they have different weight standards anyhow. Only check different weights, you'll have a nightmare trying to get an 8mm in a 6mm hop unit.

Comment

Personally, I use .30g unless it's really windy, then I'll go for .36g.

I guess it's personal preference & trying out what works best in your own gun.

Remember that you'll probably only be able to test properly in the field, as most gardens don't have the length to really see what's happening to the bb at the end of its flight - which is the difference between hitting the target or veering up or down due to the hop settings.

Matt
                          Sent using ones and zeros over the ether.
                          --
                          I appear to be highly attractive to bb's; yet highly repulsive to springs and gearbox internals...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Kinger4100 Airsoft.........'cos real bullets hurt more Find out more about Kinger4100
                          Working...
                          X