Collapse

Does it hurt to get shot in the face?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Does it hurt to get shot in the face?

Yes it hurts to get shot in the face and yes is a pain to have tp explain to people what the little red dots all over your face are (well after you've finished puberty anyway)
    I've only ever seen teeth shot out twice in five years of playing. Once at an urban site where it was always a risk and once at a woodland site and it wasnt that close up of a shot. The bb just managed to clip the persons tooth and break it in half.

Last weekend I got shot in the lip and I can tell you that hurts like hell and for me it was the final push to go back to full face all the time rather than just for CQB.
    If you want some good full face have a look at the TM masks, They are quite pricey but they have a really good fit with minimal loss of peripheral vision and you can still get down to the iron sights with one on.
    Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 21 March, 2009, 07:38. Reason: language

Comment

Ha YES. depending where and how powerful the other chaps weapon is i got shot in the cheek and f**k it hurt, sniper was only around 12 ft away and yep i had tears in my eyes..lol
      Warrior L96
      TM FULL STOCK M4 s-system
      A&K M249 para
      WE High Capa 5.1 GBB

Trade feedback http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7927

Comment

well i got shot on the center of my head when i was running with my head down trying to take cover, boy that was painful.

mate if you want goggles i HIGHLY reccomend whereing a neoprine over your mouth area otherwise would you rather have a neoprine mask? or no teeth :P

War Is Just Another Way For Americans To Learn Geography

Comment

It's all relative. Personally I just go with eye protection. Wearing glasses and a full mask means they tend to steam up. There are other ways to protect vital areas.... balaclava, shemagh, scarf, team mates, etc, etc.

Cyrano
          sigpic
          My Feedback

Comment

Mesh masks (SG5 or similar), ESS turbo fan, Marui pro goggles
            "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

Yes it hurts, I wear a bikers neopreane half face mask which I pull up if I'm 'going in', although if its too high it can steam you glasses, so it takes a bit of adjusting over the nose to prevent this. But you can get some great designs (half skull etc), puts the fear up the rentals.

Comment

yeah i loost half my tooth at bullswood when i got shot by a stray bullet. and face shots do hurt but only for a small time then it passes and leaves a nice red dot for you.

Comment

Basically a bb will sting, multiples from an automatic AEG will sting more. Of course a sniper rifle at 500 fps will draw blood if your unfortunate!
                  Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 26 March, 2009, 05:41.
                  Q - Spartans Airsoft Team

nos periclitor proprius

Originally posted by Black Templar
                  There is no other store, only ZU'UUL.
                  sigpic

Comment

Yes it will hurt as any bare flesh hits tend to do but saying that its no where near the most painful place to get shot it just tends to mark or draw blood alot easier, probably because of the extra blood capillaries in your face.

IMO bare knuckle, finger tip, ear or back of the thigh are much more painful. Just more things for you to think about

Leon
                    Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 26 March, 2009, 05:42. Reason: cleaning

My feed back
                    http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9280

Comment

yep got shot in my tounge it killed!

(btw i hope were not putting you off airsoft at all!)
                      Pure Plastic Pwnage

Comment

Originally posted by Leon_London View Post
                        Yes it will hurt as any bare flesh hits tend to do but saying that its no where near the most painful place to get shot it just tends to mark or draw blood alot easier, probably because of the extra blood capillaries in your face.

IMO bare knuckle, finger tip, ear or back of the thigh are much more painful. Just more things for you to think about

Leon
                        i know somewere alot more painful:D i got lucky by about an inch

Comment

Yep, a buddy of my took a couple in the unmentionables a few weeks back...very uncomfortable
                          Q - Spartans Airsoft Team

nos periclitor proprius

Originally posted by Black Templar
                          There is no other store, only ZU'UUL.
                          sigpic

Comment

Okay lets put it simply. If you get shot in the face, ofcourse its going to hurt. Getting shot with a BB that makes contact with open skin is going to hurt.

Pros of wearing Goggles/Glasses
                            Better field of view for some
                            Feel less restricted
                            Full face gets in the way of Geardo/Real steel loadouts

Cons
                            Face shots
                            Loosing a tooth

I reccomend wearing a Shemagh or some sort of scarf to atleast protect your teeth, you dont really want a gummy smile
                            Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
                            It just annoys me that M79s are in MW2 when everyone else is using stupid futureweapons.

Derbyshire- apparently the secret training grounds of the Russian special forces.

Comment

lol i used to have braces they should not be relied on to protect your teeth because if u get hit it the mouth and it hits one of the blocks off that block is attached to you teeth and pulls them out of the desired shape
                              whereas after i had braces my orthodontist gave me these plastic retainers which are really hard plastic, they DO NOT limit your speech and to test i shot mine with my M4 from about 3 meters and there was no damage to them
                              you can ask for them from most orthodontist (thats what i have been told) and they are about £20 and personally they keep your teeth straight and protect them dont limit speech so i think it is well worth it

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Nick_ Find out more about Nick_
                              Working...
                              X