Hop-Ups, Nubs & Buckings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hop-Ups, Nubs & Buckings

I've had a search to a question I had but I can't find a comparative answer.

I know what a Hop Up rubber is but I hear mention of Nubs & Buckings. Could someone kindly explain the difference between all three and what they are?

Thanks in advance

Re: Hop-Ups, Nubs & Buckings

3 main components.
    As you know there is the hop unit. That carries the inner barrel, hop rubber and hop bucking.
    Then you you have the hop rubber, that's the sleeve that goes over the end of the barrel to create an air seal and also aid in putting back spin, it gives a contact patch in the barrel.
    Then you have the hop bucking, that is the small piece of shaped rubber or plastic that sits between the hop rubber and adjustment arm of the hop unit, this aids in downwards pressure of the arm. Its shaped to apply even pressure or extend the contact patch of the hop rubber. These are also known as hop packings or nubs.
    section 24 of the 1968 Act
    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
      3 main components.
      As you know there is the hop unit. That carries the inner barrel, hop rubber and hop bucking.
      Then you you have the hop rubber, that's the sleeve that goes over the end of the barrel to create an air seal and also aid in putting back spin, it gives a contact patch in the barrel.
      Then you have the hop bucking, that is the small piece of shaped rubber or plastic that sits between the hop rubber and adjustment arm of the hop unit, this aids in downwards pressure of the arm. Its shaped to apply even pressure or extend the contact patch of the hop rubber. These are also known as hop packings or nubs.

Thank you for that, clears it up . So the Bucking and Nub are the same thing. Is there a exploded diagram of all the components?

Thanks again.

Comment

Not quite, the bucking and Nub are seperate. This diagram (paint FTW) might help:

Comment

Hop rubber = hop bucking
          Hop nub = hop up cushion = hop up buffer

Comment

Excellent, thanks for the diagram! That's cleared it up no end!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Kosmickid Find out more about Kosmickid
            Working...
            X