Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sights on pistols

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone on here uses red dots etc on their pistols in the field. I know they are used mainly for ISPC but I am currently thinking of putting one on my ATP to use in the field or am I better off getting some Fibre optic front and rears?

If you do have a red dot on your pistol and use it in the field a picture would be greatly appreciated so I can see what it looks like, especially if it is a glock 17 or ATP.

Cheers for the help.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

I used to use fibre optics on mine. Annoyingly one of the tubes tried to fall out during the day, and a friend leant me some industrial superglue. Which dried white, and will never come off. So I resigned them to the spares box as the bug me too much being covered in cack. 99% of the time pistols should just be point and shoot anyway!

Comment

Re: Sights on pistols

I'm pretty happy with my ATP sights as they are, and i do AIPSC with it.
      Although im really used to my P226 PTP that has no sights at all, so i'm kinda in a good habit of shooting without fancy sights :P
      Coventry University Airsoft Society - "Rock Up Late, Fuck Shit Up, Go Home"

Comment

This is true, the other reason is I live on a farm and am pretty damn lucky having an air rifle club that shoots on our land, so my other bit was to use it for target shooting instead of an air pistol

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

On my MK23 I've just put a 2X magnification pistol scope with eye relief to allow aiming at arms length.

Mind you, it does have a foot long VSR inner barrel and outranges most AEGs. It's a 'Designated Marksman Pistol'.

Not sure I'd have a scope or electronic red dot type scope otherwise, unless it was for looks + cool factor. They are usually used in CQB and are fired on instinct, reflex shots and the like?

DSC01695.jpg
          “If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

Comment

I belive that in the next few years, electronic optics will become standard on pistols, real and I guess airsoft, just as they have with service rifles. Next time I build a Glock I will give it a docter sight, the only real issue is that they don't deal with recoil well.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

aribos Find out more about aribos
            Working...
            X