Originally posted by Pezza View Post

My g&p sr15-urx
    ASCU locked to semi.
    Shs 16:1 gears, dleayer chip.
    405fps.
    Short stroked.
    SHS high torque.
    Awesome trigger response on 11.1.
    R-Hop fitted, feared and loathed with equal measure at my local site, can quite happily pick peaople off at a measured 90m
    This is a sheer example of pure beauty, you should definitely not be calling this a Frankenstein build lol.

What kind of mags do you use? they look like the KA vietnam mags.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Scotsmark View Post
    For authenticity, I'm pretty sure you'd be better looking at a 7.62mm replica as that's what the real steel DMRs are based on. It's entirely up to you, of course, and there are some cracking examples of DMRs built around 5.56mm platforms: as the pics above will testify to, but I'd be looking at SR25, 417, etc. as the role of the DMR is to put rounds further down range than the standard 5.56mm rifles.
    Thanks for the advice scotsmark. I'm not too concerned about authenticity, but more of the actual aesthetics is what my priority is. Thanks anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by The Hidden One View Post
    Hi,

How someone cammo's their rifle is pretty personal. I have used this wrap for a while and it is pretty effective.

My Blackwater shoots out to 90+m with the configuration I have.

Here is a couple of photos without the wrap on.

Agree with Scotsmark that if you want true authenticity go for something like the SR25.
    I apologies if I had seemed rude to you but I don't like the camouflage as it seems to bright for me, like you say it's all personal preference though. So what is your current configuration then?

Comment

Re: Best DMR/Long Rifle Build?

Hi,

As I posted earlier the configuration is:

Base: King Arms Blackwater BW15 Sniper
      Internals:
      Ultimate 6.03mm Tightbore inner barrel,
      Madbull Hop Up unit,
      Ultimate internal gearbox parts: Spring Guide, Piston, Piston Head, Cylinder, Air Nozzle, M120 spring and Infinity U-30000 motor.
      Mosfet unit for locking off to single shot.
      Lipo 11.1 battery
      Chrono at 428fps
      Range 90+m

Normally shoot Madbull 0.3g BB's

Hope this helps and good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by The Hidden One View Post
        Hi,

As I posted earlier the configuration is:

Base: King Arms Blackwater BW15 Sniper
        Internals:
        Ultimate 6.03mm Tightbore inner barrel,
        Madbull Hop Up unit,
        Ultimate internal gearbox parts: Spring Guide, Piston, Piston Head, Cylinder, Air Nozzle, M120 spring and Infinity U-30000 motor.
        Mosfet unit for locking off to single shot.
        Lipo 11.1 battery
        Chrono at 428fps
        Range 90+m

Normally shoot Madbull 0.3g BB's

Hope this helps and good luck.

Thank's mate, I'm looking eager to trying this but with a SPR/A. Gonna explode if it manages to actually get to 90m and hit a human sized target effectively. :D

Comment

Like people have said its what you feel like going with as the base mostly depends of the aftermarket parts and the effort you put into it. I would Recomend the R hop system also things to amek sure you have shot consistancy, such as ensuring your hop is air tight and making your cylinder into a mirror (lots of polish!) Trigger responce is something that is important but difficult to get amazing with an AEG.

Just got a question for a few guys posting their builds and ranges with the 90M targets is that flat range? or arked? or a fair bit of over hop but you know where it is going to go? I just ask because i have been using Boltactions for some time now. and a 90m target or 91m the dream of 300ft, Is extremely hard to reach with A2 (paper) size consistancy How do you all find it with your DMRs? I have been a DMR user in the past but found the shot to shot consitancy i was unhappy with.

Comment

just as a point, id very much look into rifles with tension release (working Forward assist) which as far as im aware only exists on G&G and ICS rifles.

if Externals matter to you, dont get an ICS, as a lot of aftermarket parts dont fit them without adapters or modification. (plus at the end of the day its really easy to get the 'DMR' Look.) its all about a few things;
            - Hop unit (you want one thats got a stiff wheel so it doesnt turn itself) [G&G ones are great, G&P are very loose] -- Or consider R / ER Hop.
            - Hop Rubber (Take a look about on the DMR / Ego Extender Thread)
            - Barrel (I'd go for one between 6.03 and 6.05mm)
            - Air Seal. (between Piston Head & Cylinder | Cylinder & Cylinder Head | Air Nozzle and Hop Rubber) [even check if theres an O-Ring inside the air nozzle!] as the better this is, the smaller spring you'll need and the more consistent your shots will be (in my G&G the two M100 springs i tried clocked 380-385.)
            -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
            -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

WE also have spring release, but depending on how you are wanting to lock it to semi the WE system would be an issue (it uses the selector switch)
              For Sale!
              TM M870 with a load of stuff
              A&K massada sniper spec
              Chronograph
              leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
                just as a point, id very much look into rifles with tension release (working Forward assist) which as far as im aware only exists on G&G and ICS rifles.

if Externals matter to you, dont get an ICS, as a lot of aftermarket parts dont fit them without adapters or modification. (plus at the end of the day its really easy to get the 'DMR' Look.) its all about a few things;
                - Hop unit (you want one thats got a stiff wheel so it doesnt turn itself) [G&G ones are great, G&P are very loose] -- Or consider R / ER Hop.
                - Hop Rubber (Take a look about on the DMR / Ego Extender Thread)
                - Barrel (I'd go for one between 6.03 and 6.05mm)
                - Air Seal. (between Piston Head & Cylinder | Cylinder & Cylinder Head | Air Nozzle and Hop Rubber) [even check if theres an O-Ring inside the air nozzle!] as the better this is, the smaller spring you'll need and the more consistent your shots will be (in my G&G the two M100 springs i tried clocked 380-385.)
                I don't think you will NEED forward release, I think you can manually release the spring tension by firing in semi? I'm not so sure and hope someone can correct me on this.

I'm thinking of getting a lonex 509mm/455mm or madbull python 6.03 TBB which size would be best? I want to use a long ass silencer anyway but if the longer barell makes it more innacurate then I'll stick with a 455.

I'm thinking of getting a guarder hop rubber and element/SHS/ultimate parts within the GB because they are actually available in the UK for a decent price, or do you think I should import from china on airsoft sites or something?

Comment

spring release is needed for when the gearbox is locked up (as in wot turn over) this is normally fixed by switching to full auto for a quick burst, but in a DMR you have generally disabled the full auto function, meaning this cant be done.
                  this is where an anti reversal latch release/spring release function become very useful, as you can lock your rifle to semi and if/when it locks up, just push a button and away you go.

its worth noting that most sited also require rifles to be mechanical locked to semi auto only, fitting a fet like an ASCU and setting it to 'sniper' mode doesn't count.

if you cant get hold of a base rifle with a spring release function, you best bet is to probably get a ASCU or ismilar, put it into sniper mode, and then mechanically lock it so the the selector can engage full auto. the fet should prevent lock ups, and it will still meat most sites rules regarding semi auto rifles/DMR's
                  For Sale!
                  TM M870 with a load of stuff
                  A&K massada sniper spec
                  Chronograph
                  leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

Hi,

I fitted a fet so single shot only then locked off the selector. As you say this allows me to put to full auto to clear a gearbox lock up, or at the end of play before storing the gun so that the spring is fully extended.

Here is a target I just shot at 50m with my Blackwater. Slight cross wind and I am no expert shooter so sorry about the accuracy. It shows a decent grouping though.

- - - Updated - - -

I always go from Madbull hop up units and rubber as they are the best in my opinion.

The Ultimate AirSeal has an O-ring inside for a good seal with the Cylinder head.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

redtango Find out more about redtango
                    Working...
                    X