Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

cheap p226 Metal slide replacement/upgrade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cheap p226 Metal slide replacement/upgrade?

Well my last thread was deleted for some reason, it's not even listed in my latest started threads, so I'll post it again I guess

I should be getting either a KJ Works or Tokyo marui 226 soon, either way I would like to get a metal slide upgrade that has full trades, so I found one for $10 that says it's TM compatible and has full trades, apparantly I can't link to other sites but it's made by "Shun Yang (SY)" and the full name/desc is:
    SY Metal Slide for P226 (9226) GBB
    Quick Overview
    Shun Yang (SY) P226 Metal Slide Upgrade Part
    -- Laser Engraving
    -- Suit for SY 9226 / Marui P226 Rail Airsoft Fas Blow Back Pistol
    just wondering if this is actually any good? Would it be worth it? it sure beats spending £100+ on a full slide/frame kit

I would put a picture up but it has a watermark of the retailer.

Re: cheap p226 Metal slide replacement/upgrade?

The SY P226 is just a clone of the TM (as is the KJW) so the SY slide would work fine on either. That said, SY clone stuff is so cheap because it's badly made. The SY guns themselves fall apart very easily and the build materials are very poor. Moreover, the trades on the SY slides are awful. It's looks like they're just drawn on in white. If you really want a metal slide just get the solidly built KJ and settle for not having trades (I'd rather have none than crap ones).
    102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

It'll be heavy, cast pot metal. Probably weaker than TM plastic, but for that price you could always try it.

By the way, the same retailer who sells that slide also has KJW P226s with trades engraved. Google 'APLUS Custom KJ Works P226 with LM Process'. Only $115 and solves the metal without trademarks issue.

Comment

Well if it's cheap nasty metal there's no point I guess.

As for the engraved kjw 226, from that site wont customs just destroy it? I mean, it looks real... the only way you could tell is the port underneath the mag without taking it apart

Comment

Originally posted by iixwh3l4nxii View Post
          Well if it's cheap nasty metal there's no point I guess.

As for the engraved kjw 226, from that site wont customs just destroy it? I mean, it looks real... the only way you could tell is the port underneath the mag without taking it apart
          Custom don't just destroy stuff. I have ordered 10+ guns from HK and had no issues at all, although I make sure the package is clearly marked TOY and my UKARA/Ground Zero Membership number is printed on it with my contact details.

Comment

Alright, I've never bought an airsoft gun from overseas, only Graphics cards and some other equipment and those pesky customs always hold it

Comment

Originally posted by iixwh3l4nxii View Post
              Alright, I've never bought an airsoft gun from overseas, only Graphics cards and some other equipment and those pesky customs always hold it
              They can't just keep your stuff for no reason. If you have to pay taxes on the item then yes it does get delayed. But they won't just "keep" your item.

So long as you have the relevant information both inside and outside of the package you'll be fine.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

iixwh3l4nxii Find out more about iixwh3l4nxii
              Working...
              X