Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GnG CM16 to M27 IAR?

What would i need?

I have it all full stock, bar a 590mm inner barrel and thats about it haha.

What would make it a good DMR?
    sigpic

Re: GnG CM16 to M27 IAR?

Lose the front sight post, replace it with a fake gas block W/ a flip up sight attached.

Get a nice long 12" RIS (Madbull DDs are good choices)

Preferably a 16/18" outer barrel

Either an ACOG or SpecterDR optic

Harris bipod

Suppressor, if you feel extra tacticool.

EDIT - I've seen some that forego a fake gas system entirely in favour of a simple free float RIS and MBUS sights along with the optic
    Originally posted by FPSEngland
    The Ares L86 LSW is essentially an L85 with a well endowed barrel, having the external barrel length of an M16, and the internal barrel length of Canada.

Comment

You cant? CM16 is based off of an M4. Whereas an M27 IAR is an elongated HK416.
      Main Armoury: CYMA Zhukov AK | G&P M7A1 | PTS Masada AKM

Comment

Originally posted by Ajcman92 View Post
        What would i need?

I have it all full stock, bar a 590mm inner barrel and thats about it haha.

What would make it a good DMR?
        You say M27 IAR yet you want to convert an M4 into a DMR. Are you confused?

The M27 is literally a HK416 but with a heavier barrel designed for sustained fire. It's designation (and the abreviation in the name) is an Infantry Automatic Rifle - originally conceived for USMC scouts as it is much lighter than an M249 SAW.

To turn a G&G CM16 into a M27 you'd need the following 416 parts: RIS, gas block, barrel, upper receiver, pistol grip and HK416 stock.

Comment

Well you kinda can, sell the CM16, and then buy a VFC M27. Only company that make a M27.

Comment

Originally posted by GiantKiwi View Post
            You cant? CM16 is based off of an M4. Whereas an M27 IAR is an elongated HK416.
            It's not elongated, the HK416 is available with a 16.5 inch barrel just like the M27.

As I said, the only difference is that the M27 uses a heavier barrel. This doesn't equate to anything in airsoft terms.

Comment

I don't think OP is trying to make an IAR, he just wants to get the closest he can to one with what he's got.
              The Ares L86 LSW is essentially an L85 with a well endowed barrel, having the external barrel length of an M16, and the internal barrel length of Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by FPSEngland View Post
                I don't think OP is trying to make an IAR, he just wants to get the closest he can to one with what he's got.
                The title of the thread states otherwise...

Comment

Originally posted by RedHawk View Post
                  The title of the thread states otherwise...
                  Can't argue with that, I suppose.

Comment

I liked the M27 IAR when i posted this, thinking it was like the LSW. which is a DMR in the British Army now as well as an LSW so I was thinking the same idea with the M27, due to the rapid rate of fire from the M4 for medium range combat and the DMR element for long range.

Obviously this won't work as i need HK416 parts.

Thanks for all the replies and advice though!
                    sigpic

Comment

If you want, you can make an M4 look like something akin to an IAR using the parts list I gave you.

Comment

The parts you listed would make it look vaguely like a mk18, not an IAR, not even close.
                        Main Armoury: CYMA Zhukov AK | G&P M7A1 | PTS Masada AKM

Comment

as much as id rather not use game renders, they are clear...

-TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                          -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
                            as much as id rather not use game renders, they are clear...
                            0mg BF3 am most realisticism representation of M27 an M4 0mg0mg0mg

Comment

congrats... you get my point. i only used them for the fact theyre clear flat images... so you can see the difference...
                              the fact you instantly picked that they were from battlefield says more about yourself.
                              -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                              -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ajcman92 Find out more about Ajcman92
                              Working...
                              X