Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help identifying the make of my AK74

Originally posted by dave38x View Post
    Are there screws on the underside of the receiver in front of the mag well?
    There won't be - it's not a TM AK-47 design but the VFC design which holds the front end in place via trunnions.

Comment

If you can just take out the gearbox (assuming it wasn't replaced). Cyma gearboxes have CM.0xx markings on it on the side.

Comment

Parts like the lower handguard retainer cap would also have CM040 etc. stamped on.

Comment

it's a CYMA AKS 104 (model number CM040B-Metal)
          Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Comment

CM031D:

If it has two screws under the mag well as shown here, it's a CM031D.

CM040B:

If it takes down the like real deal, then it is more likely to be the CM040B.

And rememer, the AK-104 is a 7.62x39mm carbine of the AK-103. The AK-105 is 5.45x39mm, two different calibres. There is no such thing as an AKS-104(or 103 and 105). They are all produced by Izhmash with full folding stocks and not skeleton stocks.

Comment

There are no screws in front of the mag well, nor are there any CM markings either.

Comment

RedHawk - how can you tell that by looking at the sides of the gun? I'm intrigued!
                Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Is the rear sight block, gas block and front sight a different metal to the body? These parts on the CYMAs are a more gritty metal, quite rough as it's pot metal. D Boys has a rough finish all over, again quite gritty. The LCT has a deep black, smooth steel finish on all of it, including the front parts that on the CYMA would be rough pot metal. I'm suprised about the mags though, I thought LCT and CYMA could use eachothers mags. They can be tricky to seat in, I had a to practice a lot with my CYMA ones to get them to lock in - that's why LCT makes a mag spacer that helps you insert them properly.

Comment

Originally posted by dave38x View Post
                    RedHawk - how can you tell that by looking at the sides of the gun? I'm intrigued!
                    The VFC cloned guns don't use a Phillips headed screw driver to hold the fire selector in place, you have to use a set of locking pliers to unscrew it (as it has no head). Another way to identify that it doesn't use the TM design is that trunnion you can see with wear on it. The reason it has wear is because it needs to be punched out to remove the barrel.

I've owned LCT's, Kalash, TM, Classic Army, CYMA and my current VFC AK-105 and enough time spent stripping them to know which design is which. It's a bit sad, but some one has to be a self proclaimed expert.

Comment

like a few have said its not a lct they have a silver/dark grey box and ribbed silver cylinder (though the older ones did have a cyma box)
                      surprised no ones said it but have you magnet tested it yet? the steel content should narrow down some options
                      Head shot aka open minded

Comment

My vote is Cyma with a replaced motor

Comment

Right, I've stripped it today and it is CYMA!

Comment

Its funny as you said cyma mags dont fit in it! A weird one!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by seanycozzie24v View Post
                              Its funny as you said cyma mags dont fit in it! A weird one!
                              Its CYMA. So nothing out of the ordinary there.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

brewer17 Find out more about brewer17
                              Working...
                              X