Tokyo Marui GBB magazine filling problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tokyo Marui GBB magazine filling problem

Ok so they both had small leaks(I have 2 mags 2nd hand with the 2nd hand m9 tac master i bought) when I first used Zero one gas, then I guess the lube inside the gas fixed the leak...

Anyway, now they wont fill properly, gas some how seems to get in but gas goes everywhere and its' really loud... like it isnt going into the gun

I have to be using a lot more gas than I should since most of it is just going into the air.

Anyone got any ideas on how to fix this?

(sorry for the double thread aswell, but the other thread is m9 specific, this is just mags in general)

Re: Tokyo Marui GBB magazine filling problem

Tokyo Marui mags always tend to hiss and 'leak' when your filling them. Something to do with the type of filling valves they use on them. Silly question then, but have you tried filling them and then seeing if the gas is actually staying in there? If the mags can be filled and then are not leaking once the can has been removed, theres nothing wrong with them...
    sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

Well no they don't leak, but I think I found the problem, there's no rubber seal inside the fill valve so there's no seal between the Gas bottle and the fill valve, causing half of it to leave into the air, which is a problem since I'm using like 2x the amount of gas.

Just not sure if it's possible to fix it without buying new fill valves.

Comment

I think you'll find that isn't a problem at all. Marui purposefully don't use 'silent' fill valves. The gas you think you hear escaping is the air being displaced from the magazine, allowing you to fill it fully. You are only using more gas because you are filling the mags properly unlike any other GBB magazine that has a 'silent' fill valve with an O-ring in it.

Comment

so I'm not using any extra than I should be without the "silent" fill valve o-ring? That's good I guess, when I did it in front of everyone in my garden they're all like OMG THATS THE WRONG ADAPTER IT WILL EXPLODE

obviously I didn't think that, but I did think something was off.

Comment

As said above it is totally normal and is indeed just air escaping as you fill the mag.

A little tip if you still not 100% happy make sure your hand is warmer than the mag before you start filling, as you fill you should feel the gas rise up the magazine, a good indicator of when your mag is actually full and its gas that your loosing not fresh air.

Comment

Yeah the mag fills fine, I left one full overnight and came back to it in the morning and emptied two clips almost no problem.

I was just worried I was wasting gas.

Thanks for all the helpful responses guys.

Comment

Originally posted by iixwh3l4nxii View Post
                OMG THATS THE WRONG ADAPTER IT WILL EXPLODE
                XD have they been watching youtube vids of that happening, wonder what they will say about lipo charging

hoarder of ksc glocks currently 11+ parts and counting

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

iixwh3l4nxii Find out more about iixwh3l4nxii
                Working...
                X