Which M4 sling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which M4 sling?

Hi i am looking to get a sling for my M4 with retractable stock but don't know which is the best way to do it. Obviously if you just use the standard sling mounts with a standard two point basic sling the gun hangs upside down. I can't find any slings in the UK (That are in stock) that are suitable for the M4 the best one I have seen is the Classic Army one which loops through the stock with velcro and around the front iron sight, but nobody seems to have them in stock. Can anyone recommend a good way of doing it?

Re: Which M4 sling?

depends on the users preference/ style of play.

3 points.

1 point, both can work well. And a bay will sell them.
    I apologize for anything that might pxss you off

rate me: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=37396

Comment

hi mate to solve the upside down gun problem with a 2 point sling, you need a 3 point sling.. just go on ebay and search "viper 3 point sling" nice cheap 3 point sling

Did we trade? Leave iTrader Feedback Here!

Old Feedback Thread (Reference)

Comment

A friend and I both have the ICS 3 point slings for our m4's. they're pretty good and only cost £10 when i bought it last year from zero one. it's hard to go wrong with a sling really - as long as it doesnt snap, you're ok.:D
        One team to rule them all, one team to find them, one team to bring them all and in the darkness of the night battle own all the Deltas. BRAVO HOORAH!

Comment

Guarder 3 point...the choice of champions. The only sling i'll ever rock...4 years on and still as strong as the day i payed for it.

Ben
          "As the Great Warrior poet Ice Cube once said, when the day does not require an AK it is good"

Comment

As said above it depends on the users preference. As for my M4 I prefer a 3 point sling.
            When not in action its on 2 point then I use the 3 point during a fire fight as it gives you more room to move.I got mine from zeroone, pretty sure its only £8.50 for the mil-com 3 point sling.

MY FEEDBACK: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...=pyro+feedback

Comment

As a CQB loonatic I personaly love the Magpul PTS MS2 style sling its single point and two point in one unit really sturdy got a great QD point aswell :D (Quick detatch) but they are a tad pricey but worth every penny.
              Custom M4
              TM 1911

Comment

as Hypnose said, i sometimes preffere 1 point slings, as long as its conected at the right point of the gun, it works really well. one problem i used to find with 3 points, was that in the prone position, it can get tangled, and you get strangled (lolz). 1 points, i can understand would work beautiful in CQB, you get good leaverage of the weopon, meaning its versatile and effective in quick snappy situations, 3 points not so much.
                I apologize for anything that might pxss you off

rate me: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=37396

Comment

l85 sling works awsome
                  Armoury:
                  ICS M4a1 silenced custom, ICS L85A2, Warrior MB07 snipers rifle, Galaxy MP7, Double Eagle M56DL, TM Glock 17

Your God Is Dead..... I Just Killed Him

Comment

Sorry I should have mentioned in the 1st post that I have tried the viper 3point sling but can't seem to get it set up so the gun doesn't fall upside down. I was going to run a loop through the slit in the stock and another loop on the front iron sight so I can use a 2 point and keep it up right. But would prefer to have a 3 point.

Comment

The problem you are describing isn't caused by the sling, it's caused by the sling points. They are on the bottom of the gun, meaning that the gun will always tend to turn upside down. A different sling may reduce that tendency, but won't remove it completely.

A rear sling mount that can rotate around the stock tube will solve the problem at the rear. At the front, the trick is to have the sling fitted ABOVE the centre of gravity. So, if you have a RIS at the front, fix your sling on a RIS mounted sling point (fitted to the side and not the bottom). If not, simply clip it to the front sight, or to a decent strength cable tie (or a carabiner) fixed round the barrel or sight.

Having said that, I personally use a 3 point that unclips to turn it into a 1 point.

Also, have a look at the slings fitted to the rifles in Hurt Locker. Most of them are taped to the stock to turn a normal sling into a semi-tactical sling.
                      sigpic

Comment

my sling hook broke on my m4
                        Originally posted by parky
                        If you're looking for a good sniper, I hear Vassily Zaitsev is good this time of year.

It's sniper RIFLE.

What do they teach these 19 year olds these days...

Comment

Originally posted by jmusa View Post
                          my sling hook broke on my m4
                          That was because it was a cheap one that the manufacturers throw in! :p

Comment

idf shoulder holster sling
                            trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
                            http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ash Find out more about Ash
                            Working...
                            X