Lipo alarm help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lipo alarm help

I'm new to lipo batteries so got an alarm to play it safe. Only thing is it goes off almost every single shot and very frequently when bursting fully auto, just a beep when releasing the trigger? Is there something wrong? Faulty batterys? It happens on both 7.4 and 11v batterys. Faulty alarm? Faulty gun?

Don't fancy the batteries going boom, any advice?

Rich

Re: Lipo alarm help

The batteries won't go boom,mine did the same it is now landfill....

Comment

What C are they rated? This happens when the gun demands too much power, so they alarm thinks the battery is dying. It not, it just means the C rating is a little to low for what the gun is taking - I stopped using my alarm as it beeped every shot on semi auto. All I do is plug it in after use to make sure it's not too low.

Comment

They won't go boom, they'll just go very very dead and won't take a charge. What size and C are they, they sound pretty small. As Apurturesci has said just diss the alarm and use it at the end of a game or for piece of mind check up a few hours of use, you'll soon get no when they get to low or after heavy abuse when to change out.
        "I sincerely hope your next shit is a hedgehog" loki7491
        Life in the fast lane........
        sigpic

Comment

I ditched the alarms but kept the tester.
          Get used to checking them at regular intervals,I check mine before and after use and I swap them at lunchtime.

Comment

just had two customers in one week say that they try'd to charge their lipo and the charger wouldn't charge as the battery was faulty, neither of them had used the alarms i had supplied them ,it gets expensive not using the alarm.just get the right C rating in the gun and all is well.

Comment

The uninitiated should take expert advice,but having said that I do not know anybody that uses a Lipo alarm.

Comment

There both vp airsoft batteries, ones a 1300mah 11.1v 25c 12wh the other is 7.4 25c don't know the mah because its in the shed with the rest of my gear

Comment

Why an 11.1 and a 7.4?2 different aeg's?

Comment

No thought I'd try them both see which one i prefered

Comment

The 11.1 may affect the longevity of the gearbox.

Comment

Yea I did already know that, was planning on getting another 7.4 anyway and just using the 11.1 for single shot games as the rof is crazy fast. Going to use the alarm for a couple of game days just to get used to how the battery's are and after that just use it in breaks to just check the battery. If the alarm goes off when I'm not shooting does that mean I've gone too far or will it still be ok to charge

Comment

Personaly I'd ditch the 11.1(sell it on here)and also buy a tester to replace the alarm,depending on where the battery is located you can leave the smaller plug accessable(hanging out) for easy testing between games,the tester will give a v rating,is the alarm the type that has flashing led's and a bleep? If so there'll be no indication of the wear rate.
                          The alarm should sound a long time before the battery has had it.I use 2 x 7.4/1750's in one aeg and 2 x 7.4/1300's in my Cqb(not used a lot so normaly 1 used per day on this),as I said I always swap over at lunchtime,I think it's pertinent to buy 2 smaller batteries over 1 large battery,number the batteries so if they do develop an issue you'll know which is which ..just my opinion though...I'll add a link when it connects,if it connects.....

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ProPain Find out more about ProPain
                          Working...
                          X