Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Gun dumping gas... could this be because i'm using green?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gun dumping gas... could this be because i'm using green?

Hi. Im relatively new to the ******* ***** and still learning. I bought an upgraded TM glock 17 a few weeks back and the guy gave me some red gas for it. The pistol has a 5KU metal slide, 5KU metal night sights, Guarder mag release, Guarder trigger arm, an element loading nozzle, a floating valve which I believe is Firefly, an element 120% hammer springs as well as a 150% Guarder recoil spring. Unfortunately, the mag lip had enough of the abuse and decided to commit suicide by ripping itself clean from the mag!! I have since got a new mag lip and redone all the orings. I am a sucker for gun maintenance. It gets fired, even the once, it's stripped, cleaned, lubed and reassembled. How ever, whilst I was awaiting the new mag lip and orings, I gave my red gas to a mate who used it up and I am only left with green. Now, when I gas up the mag and fire it, the slide seems to stay back and the mag dumps all the gas. As I've never used green gas on the glock before, Im pretty sure that this may just be because the green don't have quite enough kick to push the slide all the way? As I'm unable to get anywhere to get the red gas for another week or so, is there anyone out there that can confirm that this could possibly be the issue....

Any advice would be great.

Thanks in advance

Re: Gun dumping gas... could this be because i'm using green?

If you have a standard recoil spring hanging around try that. I know my last Glock with the Guarder spring didn't function properly until i cut a coil or two off it. I was only using green gas then myself.

Comment

It sounds like another issue altogether. If green didn't have enough power, it wouldn't lock back at all.

It could be that the slide is going too far back.
      When you say 'red gas' what red gas is this?
      section 24 of the 1968 Act
      Supplying imitation firearms to minors
      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

It fires and slides back but not to its full extent. It is almost as though its got the power to fire, but not enough to pull the slide all the way back to feed the next BB. The red I was using was Predator Red. I have read up on the issue and some of these forums do say that metal slides struggle under green gas. I just wanted a more 'personal' view on the issue. These forums can only tell you so much, but its the personal touch of being able to chat about it that I need. Thanks for your help by the way guys

Comment

Well, I for one can say green (propane) is more than enough to power a metal slide pistol.
          Abbey predator 'red' is sounding more like ultra (red gas is near impossible to get). Ultra is less powerful than green.

For a start I'd lose the power up valve in the nozzle and replace with a standard TM one.
          Clip a couple of coils off the recoil spring.
          Make sure the nozzle returns fully under its own spring power.
          Check the slide itself is buttery smooth with no tight spots (other than where its supposed to be).
          Check the piston is still intact and tight.

I had many of these issues with my hicapa, swapped out the powerup bulb for the standard TM one and voila, it worked perfectly with totally standard TM mags with minimal cool down.
          section 24 of the 1968 Act
          Supplying imitation firearms to minors
          1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
          2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Piston is good. Slide is as smooth as Kaley Cuocos rear end. Nozzle returns a treat.

I'll try taking a couple of coils of and see if I can get hold of a standard valve. I'm of to a game next saturday and I'm sure someone there will probably have one I can just swap over to try.

Cheers for your help bud, much appreciated

Comment

Green should do her fine - my glock kicks like a mule in summer on green gas!
              Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Hi... back again. I have had a further look at the glock, disassembled and fully cleaned. I have had a look at the feeder assembly and piston. All is intact and good. Only thing is, is there supposed to be an oring around the piston head? I have included link to pictures on the disassembly step by step down to the final part. There looks like a groove for an oring but there was not one in there. Sorry for the blurry image but my phone doesn't have the macro function for the close shots.

Also, out of the 3 mags i have, one mag fires of pretty good. However, the other 2 keep dumping gas. I have no idea how old these other 2 mags are as i bought them of someone on zeroin a week or two back. They are leak free, but could the orings around the valve at the top in these mags need replacing?

Please, any help guys would be great.

http://gitssouthernsoftie.tumblr.com...om-my-tm-glock

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

SouthernSoftie Find out more about SouthernSoftie
                Working...
                X