Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Upgrading a TM to full metal, what do I need to get to make it work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading a TM to full metal, what do I need to get to make it work?

Well as some of you might know I have a Tokyo Marui m9 Tactical master and I would like to upgrade it to full metal, with the G&G kit available on the Z1 site

But, I don't know what i'll need to upgrade it, I'm sure once it's full metal it brings in a lot of other factors, like recoil spring, hammer spring, flow valves and possibly other things I don't know about?

So yeah, can anyone give me some advice or something with this? I need to know what i'll need to buy in order for it to work properly

Any help is appreciated loads, thanks.

Re: Upgrading a TM to full metal, what do I need to get to make it work?

I've done something similar. Keep the plastic slide and only swap the lower. All you need to do that really is a screwdriver, a set of allen keys (mostly to punch some pins out) and a brain.

Comment

If the new slide is light enough, you can get away with no extra parts. I have not held the G&G kit, but I assume as it's pretty old (Been on Zero One for years now) it would be quite heavy cast metal. Just a guess. If this is the case, you may find a stiffer recoil spring would help, as well as a more powerful gas (I only use Guarder Power Up gas in metal GBBs). Uprated hammer springs aren't needed. As said abouve though, the best way to do it is to install the frame but leave the slide stock. You get all the benefits of a plastic gun with the feel/weight of a metal GBB.

Comment

The slide on the G&G is the best part though, it has the full ELITE IA trades

but thanks, I'm glad I don't need to replace hammer springs and other stuff.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

iixwh3l4nxii Find out more about iixwh3l4nxii
        Working...
        X