Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kart M14 Ebr

Hey folks,
    Well I need advice on these as Ive looked at them for a long time and dont know if I should go for it. Ive seen some reviews where people can actually hit the mag out of the gun-does this happen with the supplied mag or all?? really would be put off if the gun cant even hold a mag in it. I know its a heavy gun but past that Ive no idea how it performs (I was considering a sniper loadout-what kind of ranges would this gun get from stock and would it be good for sniping?)

Any and all advice appreciated

Thanks
    Trader feedback: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8590

Re: Kart M14 Ebr

shadow captain had one talk to him

Comment

i use one of the kart's and to start with yes it's heavy but i like that about it feels real, and with the mags being bashed out i find some do some don't but it's luck of draw plus it can help i find if you push the mag release the other way when you load mags also your stuck with high caps as i find real caps just drop out. Also another problem i find is that semi auto tends to decided not to work after a while, but having said that it is a good rifle looks great and fire's alright with a decent range about the same as most aeg's, despite it's draw backs i really like mine, i would suggest a decent scope it really helps.
      sigpic

Team B.C.T.U

Comment

Good rifle but i had none stop problems with mine so in the end i got rid of it for £20 lol
        But when it did work the range and accuacy was amazing i was really amazed i had the heavy version had trust me it is heavy But i bought mine second hand and i dont no what the person who owned it befor me did to it, he might of took it apart and buggerd it up but apart from it breaking very good rifle + it looks good with a scope and silencer on it

Comment

id strongly advise against it it was terrible

extremely heavy (im sure its actually a few kg heavier than the real one) and lacklustre performance - sounded like it was asleep and lousy build quality

was the first and only clone gun ive bought - never again especially not KART

didnt notice the magazine falling out though - didnt happen to me, performance wasnt spectacular just "ok"
          |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

theyre soooooo heavy, i could hardly lift a mates one. far heavyier then say an a&k saw

Comment

I proudly own a Star M14 (sopmod though) and yes it is very heavy, adding a big scope, Grenade Launcher and such exasabated an already dreary spine, especially after 8 hours of running around with 19Kg of weapon :D

Weight aside though, I've not had any problems with it except for mag feeding issues, the range is accurate for 75-80M and turns some heads as it is not that common...

If you like a work out whilst having fun, then go for it, but a word of warning, it does get very heavy after a while! Mags are also hard to come by, I've been looking but not been able to find a Box Mag or a C-Mag, as it is needed, really needed at 28 Rounds per Second

Comment

Destroyers right, mine is proper heavy, especialy with scope, bi-pod etc. Cant tell you what the internals where like as the first thing I did to it was gut it and put in a G&G M14 long into it, since I did that I've had no complaints ;-D

Comment

for the weight and performance imagine this analogy

carrying a small family car in your right hand while you carry a compact pistol in your left hand

when we say heavy its not that i use light plastic guns - this thing weighs 3kg more than the real one which is allready reported by soldiers to be far too heavy

hernias aside its still a terrible gun - lousy internals

get a tm m14 if you want an m14 - if you LOVE the ebr either go star or get a conversion kit by G&P or somebody
                  |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

Fair play, thanks for the advice chaps!
                    Trader feedback: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8590

Comment

I've had a KART EBR for 18 months. Two other people I know have them. We've never had any problems. The gearbox is smooth and reliable. The Range and accuracy is amazing for 330 fps.

They are real steel weight- i.e. heavy but if you get used to carrying that weight you'll be a bit fitter and find carrying assualt rifles like holding a feather. In any case it is a sniper weapon in a support role so you need a proper sling. If you use an M249 real steel sling (around £15 on ebay) and set it up properly the weight is not as big an issue as some would make out.

I've seen many people run around with these without a sling which is a bit silly since your arms will be doing 100% of the work carrying it- a properly set up sling means that you spread the load across you shoulders.

Every weapon has stengths & weaknesess. I've had bad experience with a Classic Army weapon but I would never presume to brand that manufactuer as rubbish- in fact I've since bought two other Classic Army weapons and have proved to be among the best in my modest collection of 14 rifles.

The KART EBR has had excellent reviews generally but of course as with any manufacturer there will always be a bad batch. The KART I own and the other KART owners I know and have come across have all said it's heavy but worth it because they are, for the money and excellent weapon.

If however your style of play is to use Hi-caps and full auto all day dropping off thousands of rounds a day, then a chinese clone is probably never going to be the right choice whether its an EBR or M4 from KART, A&K, JG etc. You would need a weapon with a highly strengthened gearbox like G&P, Star (metal geabox versions) and Classic Army.

If you use mid-caps and your style of play is to fire as per real world tactics- i.e. occassional and tactical two/three round burst amoung mostly single/double shot in semi, then your choice is wider and the KART EBR is a cool looking and performing weapon for realism.
                      Drop'm out with a low cap and save the environment.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Liquid_snake Find out more about Liquid_snake
                      Working...
                      X