Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIS for TM M4 Socom

hey guys,

im looking at slapping on a RIS to a TM M4 Socom... im going for the Knights Armaments look

ive already got the flip up sight just need some recommendations on a RIS now

cheers people
    If you ever need any weightlifting, protein or gym advice let me know.

Re: RIS for TM M4 Socom

I'm biased - see my signature - but if you're going for a KAC look, I'd go for the M4 RAS. I can't tell if you'd already settled on the M4 RAS and are just looking for a preferred make or if you're using 'RIS' to refer to all the rail systems KAC make, but either way I'd get the TM-made M4 RAS from a TM SOPMOD. The replacement for the original KAC RIS, the M4 RAS is by far the most common airsoft rail and for good reason - it's simple, it looks good, and you don't have to change half the gun to fit it. It's by far the most famous component KAC have ever made, and looks like this:

The reason for buying the TM-made version is twofold; firstly, a lot of SOPMOD owners sell theirs when they upgrade, and secondly, if the SOPMOD's anything to go by the SOCOM's delta ring and handguard cap are slightly smaller than RS specification, so it makes sense to buy a TM one that you know was designed to the same too-small spec and will thus fit well. Assuming that the flip-up sight you've got is the rear (rather than the front) and is the 300m Micro flip-up BUIS (as below), you'll have the major components of the original SOPMOD and SOPMOD Block I packages which is a versatile and functional rifle.

If you want to fit a different KAC rail, you'll need to make some alterations to the gun as almost, if not all, the other KAC rails of which there are airsoft replicas (the M5 RAS and URXs) are free-floated and replace the original delta ring assembly completely. In addition to checking that the airsoft replicas will thread on to the SOCOM's upper receiver, you'll need to replace the SOCOM's A2 FSB with a low-profile gas block.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

woody549 Chilled as a panda in the zoo Find out more about woody549
    Working...
    X