how long do they last?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how long do they last?

hello guys, thinking of addig a GBB pistol to my collection. dont know much about them so i thought you guys could help.

how many rounds can be shot before it needs re-filling?

need much maintenance?

will these re fill bottles fit pretty much every model? http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=2383

thanks in advance
    Go Hard, or Go Home!!!

Re: how long do they last?

Originally posted by jdizzy View Post
    hello guys, thinking of addig a GBB pistol to my collection. dont know much about them so i thought you guys could help.

how many rounds can be shot before it needs re-filling?
    Depends on the size of the magazine and gas efficiency of the gun, there is no "X" amount.

need much maintenance?
    More than an AEG, less than my last car.

will these re fill bottles fit pretty much every model? http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=2383
    Yes it'll fit but the last bottle of zero one pro gas I used was about as useful as a fart in a colander.

Comment

It all depends on which type/make of pistol you go for. Some pistols have better gas consumption than others and need more regular maintenance. Generally it varies from one mag full of gas giving a whole mag of BBs, say 25 to giving as many as 75 BBs depending on the model and make. Also the type of pistol makes a difference so a high outlet pistol mag will make you lose gas way quicker than a standard one but give harder kick and FPS. But a pistol with metal slide will need a higher outlet valve to push back the slide so will use more gas up.

As for maintenance I believe you are meant to do it every 3 months but I tend to do it before airsofting each time. It can take a little while to do it right but when you know where to clean on your pistol you can do it well in around 5-10 minutes.

Those bottles will fill every model assuming its not a CO2 pistol however tokyo marui do not advise using green gas like this in there pistols because it will wear it down quicker and break quicker. I have been using green gas in my TM M9 for ages and it works a dream in it without any breakages giving better FPS and kick than there advised h134a gas (something like that) which is weaker.
      For sale:

-Splitting M4
      -MP5 Parts
      -MP7a1
      -M9 Magazine

Comment

Originally posted by psirus101 View Post
        Depends on the size of the magazine and gas efficiency of the gun, there is no "X" amount.

More than an AEG, less than my last car.

Yes it'll fit but the last bottle of zero one pro gas I used was about as useful as a fart in a colander.
        ok, what gas would you recommend? i take it all pistol gas is the same?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by wilko129 View Post
        It all depends on which type/make of pistol you go for. Some pistols have better gas consumption than others and need more regular maintenance. Generally it varies from one mag full of gas giving a whole mag of BBs, say 25 to giving as many as 75 BBs depending on the model and make. Also the type of pistol makes a difference so a high outlet pistol mag will make you lose gas way quicker than a standard one but give harder kick and FPS. But a pistol with metal slide will need a higher outlet valve to push back the slide so will use more gas up.

As for maintenance I believe you are meant to do it every 3 months but I tend to do it before airsofting each time. It can take a little while to do it right but when you know where to clean on your pistol you can do it well in around 5-10 minutes.

Those bottles will fill every model assuming its not a CO2 pistol however tokyo marui do not advise using green gas like this in there pistols because it will wear it down quicker and break quicker. I have been using green gas in my TM M9 for ages and it works a dream in it without any breakages giving better FPS and kick than there advised h134a gas (something like that) which is weaker.
        im thinking of either, kwa glock 19 or a ksc hk usp.45 if that helps? is it pretty straight forward to strip down and clean? i have big hands so fiddley parts are a no no. haha so this gas would be ok for the pistols mentioned or is there better gas around? how many times do you fill the mag in your pistol per game?
        Go Hard, or Go Home!!!

Comment

KWA/KSC pistols are very gas efficient, especially if you get a plastic slided model. In warm weather I get 60 odd rounds out of a mag using propane on my metal slide, stiffer springs G18. In winter I need CO2 mags, but I get 60 rounds out of those after they have been in the freezer for 15 minutes.

People are lauding the new WE glocks, which are very efficient, but do have some manufacturing problems (IE the barrel is fragile). You can also get CO2 mags for them, which is even more of a bonus.
          Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

I had a KWA g18c and it was very easy to strip down and clean so that's not a problem but from what i have seen of any of them its pretty straightforward just find a YouTube video and your away. If i were using a metal slide gun like a KWA (KWC metal slide as well?) then i would defo use green gas like the zero one stuff and not a weaker one. Gas is more of a problem for TM pistols as they can break the slides on them if too powerful. I only ever fill my mags before games and take in three 26 round mags. If i need more rounds in them then i can usually get 10 more rounds from the gas depending on the weather and that mag. Although i play woodland so use my pistol very little and tend to use AEGs more unless I am out of rounds or a bit bored of it. How do you intend to use the pistol? i.e with a sniper, AEG or just a pistol.
            For sale:

-Splitting M4
            -MP5 Parts
            -MP7a1
            -M9 Magazine

Comment

Originally posted by dave38x View Post
              KWA/KSC pistols are very gas efficient, especially if you get a plastic slided model. In warm weather I get 60 odd rounds out of a mag using propane on my metal slide, stiffer springs G18. In winter I need CO2 mags, but I get 60 rounds out of those after they have been in the freezer for 15 minutes.

People are lauding the new WE glocks, which are very efficient, but do have some manufacturing problems (IE the barrel is fragile). You can also get CO2 mags for them, which is even more of a bonus.
              I was looking at getting a metal slide version? Will it make a noticeable diffrence than a plastic?

Also how many times will one bottle of the zeroin green gas fill a mag?

- - - Updated - - -

I had a KWA g18c and it was very easy to strip down and clean so that's not a problem but from what i have seen of any of them its pretty straightforward just find a YouTube video and your away. If i were using a metal slide gun like a KWA (KWC metal slide as well?) then i would defo use green gas like the zero one stuff and not a weaker one. Gas is more of a problem for TM pistols as they can break the slides on them if too powerful. I only ever fill my mags before games and take in three 26 round mags. If i need more rounds in them then i can usually get 10 more rounds from the gas depending on the weather and that mag. Although i play woodland so use my pistol very little and tend to use AEGs more unless I am out of rounds or a bit bored of it. How do you intend to use the pistol? i.e with a sniper, AEG or just a pistol.
              Well Id say I will be using it, will be matched with either my L96 or my M4... How many times does a bottle of the zero in gas fill your mags?
              Go Hard, or Go Home!!!

Comment

In the sense of gas consumption? I believe so although it becomes more of a problem when it is cold. You cannot really use metal slide gas pistols in the cold at all. Also a metal slide one will have a more sluggish response so will cycle faster and have a slower ROF.

I am not too sure on how many times it will fill a mag although I do remember seeing a rough guide somewhere years ago so give it a google.

If you want to use it a lot I would take out a gas can or gas holder in game. The best way is to test out at home how many rounds it will shoot at the rate you will be shooting it because the faster you shoot the rounds the more gas you lose. So maybe a mag a minute with a second or two between each shot to give a more accurate test situation for the environment you will be in when airsofting.
                For sale:

-Splitting M4
                -MP5 Parts
                -MP7a1
                -M9 Magazine

Comment

wilko - you can, you just need CO2 mags. WE XDMs work fine at subzero temperatures on propane as well.

A metal slide will last a lot longer and be a lot more fun to use, KWA's plastic slide on their glock suffers from damage when the slide locks back.

I haven't got a clue how many fills a bottle lasts. If you can just buy propane, it's less than half the price.
                  Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

In the sense of gas consumption? I believe so although it becomes more of a problem when it is cold. You cannot really use metal slide gas pistols in the cold at all. Also a metal slide one will have a more sluggish response so will cycle faster and have a slower ROF.

I am not too sure on how many times it will fill a mag although I do remember seeing a rough guide somewhere years ago so give it a google.

If you want to use it a lot I would take out a gas can or gas holder in game. The best way is to test out at home how many rounds it will shoot at the rate you will be shooting it because the faster you shoot the rounds the more gas you lose. So maybe a mag a minute with a second or two between each shot to give a more accurate test situation for the environment you will be in when airsofting.
                    Ok thanks for your help, I will give it a test in the garden.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by dave38x View Post
                    wilko - you can, you just need CO2 mags. WE XDMs work fine at subzero temperatures on propane as well.

A metal slide will last a lot longer and be a lot more fun to use, KWA's plastic slide on their glock suffers from damage when the slide locks back.

I haven't got a clue how many fills a bottle lasts. If you can just buy propane, it's less than half the price.
                    I take it C02 mags can be purchased for most pistols?

Propane? As is Calor gas bottles? How the hell do you get has from them into a magazine?
                    Go Hard, or Go Home!!!

Comment

dave- I was assuming he only wanted to use propane gas mags but like you say CO2 do work in the cold very well but give fluctuations in FPS sometimes by quite a lot.

It depends whether you like being able to shoot quickly or not tbh. I did like my metal slide glock but i prefer my TM pistol because I can shoot faster with it and the extra bit of kick does not do it for me.

jdizzy-you can buy an adapter that fits onto the propane cans; just give it a google and you will find one. They are pricey but after a few cans they pay off what they cost. If you do use normal propane then you must add silicone into your mags every few fills otherwise your O-rings will dry out because there is no silicone oil in normal camping propane.
                      For sale:

-Splitting M4
                      -MP5 Parts
                      -MP7a1
                      -M9 Magazine

Comment

Tm pistols are the most reliable , the plastic design works very well in most weathers . Metal slide guns are heavier , cycle slower and suffer more from cool down in the winter . Hence the need for stronger gasses to cycle them , if going Kwa / kwc , make sure it is system 7 or ns2 . These are the improved gas system models . All their glocks use this design . We pistols are cheap , work well ( some models ) but wear out fast / break Due to pot metal quality .
                        Co2 pistols are not allowed at some sites due to fps inconsistency . Most fire too hot for site limits ( not all though )

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jdizzy Find out more about jdizzy
                        Working...
                        X