Will a real Dd rail fit an ICS L85?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will a real Dd rail fit an ICS L85?

As per the thread title, really. A real Daniel Defence rail slapped onto an ICS L85... will it fit and/or what modification may it need?

Thanks!

Re: Will a real Dd rail fit an ICS L85?

may need to file off some metal around teh gas block lower ( i had to on a AA sa80 ) but no major mods needed for mine.... hit and miss i think with each make
    'Why did you shoot him 13 times?'
    'The browning mag only holds 13 rounds sir.'

awesome quote
    Originally posted by Hawke
    Be aware - from some people, a pat on the back is sometimes a recce as to where to put the knife in at a later date.

Comment

It will with quite a bit of modification, your much better off finding a conversion kit for the ACM version and using that instead of butchering it, and possibly having a RIS that doesn't fit.

Comment

I'll have a gander when it arrives. Some Googling revealed that some filing is needed around the gas block and possibly the metal plate that attaches to the original handguard, at least on the ICS.

Ironically, I picked up the real rail for less than it would cost to get an ACM one.

Comment

Youll need the gas block conversion kit to attempt to fit the real one, but apart from that the lug at the front is shaped like the real thing so you should be hunky dory.

Owner of DCS
          (Doom custom shooters)
          PM me for Custom work!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Saoul I do work stuff, keep them pennies rolling in. Find out more about Saoul
          Working...
          X