Wiring M4 to the stock tube!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring M4 to the stock tube!

Apologies if this has been explained before but I have searched and I'm not 100% on how this'll work.

After taking off the stock, tube and end cap on my CA M15A4 sportline I can see what seems to be the hole on the back of the gearbox where the wires would exit when rear wired through the semi-circle cut-out on rear of the lower receiver. Due to the tightness of the gearbox in the receiver I can't see how the wires could get in to the stock tube holder bit on the back, for lack of a better term, and even if they could get there, there's only one hole there anyhow, just big enough for the screw that goes in to the spring guide.

I heard that stock tubes meant for rear wiring have a channel in the bottom for putting the wires through but looking at the end cap on my M4, it completely blocks the cut out so no wires could get through that, is there meant to be a special rear wire end cap too?

Any help working out how the wires could get in to an appropriate stock tube would be most appreciated!
    Originally posted by Lt. Macka
    big black shapes draw the eye.

Re: Wiring M4 to the stock tube!

You would probably need to buy a cheap rear stock tube that's completely hollow.

Comment

I managed to rear wire my ics m4. They have a far smaller stock tube and I managed to fit a stock tube lipo in there.
      sigpic

Comment

@seanycozzie24v

How do you get the wires in to the stock tube, where did you route them?

- - - Updated - - -

@seanycozzie24v

How do you get the wires in to the stock tube, where did you route them?

Comment

I've never worked on a CA Sportline, if you post up a picture of the rear I can help you

Comment

Unfortunately I don't have any form of camera at my disposal! I'll try to describe it a bit better though.

On the back of the lower receiver beneath the end plate at the bottom there is large a semi-circular hole with the flat side facing upward, there is also a tube that sticks out of the back of the lower receiver above said hole with one strip down either side that is hollow with one small hole in the bottom to feed the screw to the gearbox through.

The end plate has a single hole for the tube that is circular with a cut out on either side to slide over it and beneath that is a protrusion matching the hole in the back of the receiver that slots in to it when in place keeping it very solid in place.

The stock tube itself has on one end a hole that matches the end plate which allows the stock tube to slide snugly on to the receiver's tube, there is a small notch cut out on the bottom of the entrance to the tube but this is as deep as it is wide and doesn't seem to serve any purpose. On the other end of the tube is a circular tube with no extra cut-outs than reaches near enough to half way in to the tube before meeting a bare metal disc with a hole in the center, this sits right on the end of the receiver's tube and has no space around it to thread wires through. The cap for the stock tube is held in place with a little grub screw through the underside of the tube.

Hopefully that helps?
            Last edited by Proto; 31 July, 2013, 21:33.

Comment

Sounds like you need a new stock tube and an evening with a dremel to cut a channel into the receiver. There should be a cutout on the post on he back of the receiver to accommodate wires, you will need to add this.

Sent from outer space
              Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Typical! Thanks, I think I'll just stick to a front wire job until I have the money to stick on a nice receiver, tube and stock set then!

So, how exactly do you get the wires in to the channel in the post? I can't see any way to get the wires out of the receiver with the end plate on...

Comment

You will need to open your gearbox and re route the wires to accommodate a rear wired setup

Sent from my phone using my fingers

Comment

Originally posted by Jez@Elite View Post
                    You will need to open your gearbox and re route the wires to accommodate a rear wired setup

Sent from my phone using my fingers
                    I know this but from the point where the wires would come out on a rear wire setup I can't see how the wires would get in to the post as the gearbox is very tight up against the back of the receiver? Or is there some kind of trick to maneuvering the wires in to there?

Comment

On ones that can take rear wiring there is a notch in the hole in the receiver in line with the slot in the stock post. There is then (normally) a slight scallop out of the stock tube, meaning there is space for the wires to come up through the created channel. Mine (no idea what brand stock tube) with a dytac body(dimensionally identical to G&P) currently has 14awg wire going through it no problem.
                      Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Proto Find out more about Proto
                      Working...
                      X