ghillie suit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ghillie suit?

i am relitivly new to airsoft got a l96 for christmas only a clone though but i dont know if i should buy a ghillie suit.little help??

Re: ghillie suit?????

Well....

Firstly is sniping for you? If you've had a good few games of it, and think you'll enjoy it over than running madly with a AEG, then why not.

A ghille is going to be aroung £70 upwards, so you'll want to make sure sniping is your thing first.

Comment

Well i would of talked you out of buying a sniper since your new to airsoft. Like Jagillham said, sniping isnt for everyone, but everyones wants one.

But since youve got one anyway, i'd say do not buy a ghillie suit. Only get one once youve played the sport a lot...

Comment

Dont jump into ghillie suits etc when you may end up not wanting to be a sniper,

i call this the C.O.D syndrome

Firstly play alot with your sniper obviously play like you would if you had a ghillie suit. you will die alot ghillie or not and you may find more enjoyment going crazy with a AEG,

I my self has even had those urges to run with an AEG and soon will be but at urban (getting a skorp soon)

Comment

right you want to have a pretty decent sniper first. strettman is the one to talk to but he has a fully upgraded VSR (like mj23lj) and it is amazing. tbh you wont shoot s**t with the l96 (unless you upgrade it) so i wouldnt bother. strettman does have a ghillie and when we were skirmishing we lay him by a fence down a trank and sprinkled some leaves on him and i told him to wait there. he put his m9 iin front so if they got to close he could get them. sure enough they did come but walked straight past him only a metre away!! so they are worth it but you really want to sort your rifle first theen get the ghillei!

Comment

Re: ghillie suit?

Yeah a ghillie suit makes it worth being a sniper. people under estimate the power of a cheap ghillie for a sniper it will probably increase your kill/death ratio as much as fully upgrading your sniper would or do both which is what stretmans done and just pwn everyone. he is rely effective in games but lying in a hole for about a hour waiting for someone to walk in to your sights isn't rely my style!
            Pure Plastic Pwnage

Comment

like the first few said mate . . ghillie is a good thing to have . . but only if you actually like being a sniper for airsoft because your new play a few games or a day being a pure sniper with back up pistol . then if you like it try upgrading the l96 first to get used to how different can be after . . then get one later on if you wanna pay 60 plus or buy a concealment vest and custom make one ..

Comment

or buy a cheap tatty 95 jacket for about a fiver and make your own, mine cost less than a tenner to make, but then I have 8 years and a cadre course under my belt

(and I dont like sniping! just made it to prove how easy and cheap it was)

Dont agree with "not hiting s**t with an L96" out of the box they are a cracking cheapsoft gun, anyone at phoenix on the 10th of Jan will vouch for me on the amount of confirmed's I racked up in one day, having bought it that morning, even the lad that lent me the .3'gs that I hit square on the nose from 40m away, last kill of the day! lol
                Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 23 March, 2009, 06:52. Reason: language

Comment

got to dissage with most the posts above.

firstly-
                  making a ghillie wont cost much at all £50 max but will take alot of time.
                  hand made suits are 100X better than any bough ghillies if there made properly/well, if not then they will make you stand out more than hide you.
                  i would aadvise making a ghillie if you plan on sniping and learning your field craft,there not essentail but do help,if you dont make or buy one i would concentrate on your field carft....

secondly-
                  dont just upgrade yoyr rifle like everyone says as you may decide you dont like sniping and want to sell it,this will result in you getting alot less back than you payed for it.
                  sniping isnt about having a high powered rifle like everythinks, its about FIELD CARFT...
                  anyone can upgrade a rifle and hit targets at 50m, 90% of people cant use or dont have proper filed carft,resulting in sh*t snipers or them just running around ,standing in the open with a high powered rifle out aeg range and picking of targets
                  user name changed from b*tcht*ts

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

proffesor snippy Find out more about proffesor snippy
                  Working...
                  X