Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&G Guns- Whats the general opinion regarding reliability and performance

Hi,

So its been a while since I bought an airsoft gun new from a shop, excluding my M1 Garand. I spent the last year in Colorado in the US, and didn't really, to my shame, keep up with the ******* ***** in terms of technical developments.

The last gun I bought before my Garand was an A&K M60VN, which suffered an out of the box physical failure- the mag plate on the side of the gun sheared off, meaning I was unable to actually attach the mag to the gun, rendering the gun basically useless. This was two years ago at the NAE 2011, and I've been apprehensive about buying another gun since.

However, my outstanding success with my Garand has put in the mood for buying some new toys, and my attention has been drawn to G&G. Now, I have a good friend who is a very experienced and well respected techie, and active member of this forum who has told me repeatedly to stay away- when I asked him about the fact Z1 were offering up to 3 years warranty on all G&G AEGs, he said this was pretty much a necessity, and my past experience with G&G leans me to agree, however the last time I bought a G&G gun was nearly 4 years ago, so my data there is hardly current.

I also have another couple of friends, both of whom work in the retail side of airsoft, who say that G&G have really picked up their game in the last few years, and are now real contenders against my traditional choice of AEG, G&P or Classic Army. I'm essentially returning to airsoft after an 18 month hiatus, so my current info is dated at best

So after a pretty long winded speech, my question is simple. G&G Guns- To buy or not to buy? Does my current understanding of G&G measure up or not? Why?

Cheers!
    G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
    RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Re: G&G Guns- Whats the general opinion regarding reliability and performance

buy (the new gen), because they have improved a lot over that time
    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

You were over in the US and missed out on the ******* ***** over there!?
      As for G&G ,They certainly have changed in recent times, probably one of the best out of the box guns available at this time. With the Marui's being more difficult to source, probably the next reliable option. Their past AEG's always suffered lackluster build QC.
      G&P haven't changed much, fantastic Externals, but hit and miss reliability with internal parts despite minor revisions to certain parts.
      CA haven't really done a lot over the past 18 months so same will stand.
      dsgdreamteam

Comment

Ive only heard good things regarding gg guns.

Mate has one, never missed a beat
        FOR SALE
        7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
        , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

G&G's new weapons are almost without exception excellent. Some models are better than others (mostly owing to the addition of slightly dubious features, like proprietary QD batteries to some of the AKs) but as a rule they're extremely high quality these days. Their new AKs are OEM'd by LCT, which means a very high standard of external quality, and the G&G gearboxes and their contents are very robust. The only major downside is most of their weapons lack accurate trademarks. Some of their other guns (SCARs, SIGs, maybe P90s) are licensed and accurately traded, but most aren't.

The general rules is that if the gun is made by G&G, it's probably very good. If it's a different company rebranded as G&G (e.g. their pistols) steer clear of them; they're universally dreadful.

Comment

I have 3 M4s including a "Frankengun" and had no problems whatsoever.

Comment

pull trigger and go bang more times than pull trigger an not go bang...more bang than no bang make monkey a happy boy...g&g make monkey a happy boy...monkey like bang
              -'Sly villain! Thou does not acknowledge thine hits!'
              -'I doth so, yonder vagabond, but thouest has the control of a nunnery whore, and thine accuracy doth compare to thine codpiece, short of the mark!'

Comment

Very pleased with my G&G GR15 though I wish I have bought a Top Tech as after numerous dropping/tactical falling over i managed to put a crack in the lower receiver. Fixed it with a combo of plastic glue and a heated screwdriver to melt the plastic together.

Entirely my fault and still functions well.

Standard G&G motor is a little sluggish but easily cured via a 9.6v NiMH battery or replacement with a high torque motor (stuck a SHS High torque in there and getting about 18RPS up from about 12RPS on a 8.4v)

G&G's arent as bad as they used to be, not by a long shot.
                Upcoming Games:
                None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
                Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

I have a new gen 3 T4-18 light and it is simply epic all round. The build quality is superb, it has a MOSFET as standard and the internals seems solid. Really pleased

Comment

Got a G&G Top Tech MP5SD6. Nicest MP5 I've ever held by a long way.

Comment

Really got their act together. Great kit these days.
                      Problems? Problems? There is no problem I cannot solve with this...

++ Attributed to Mad Chainsword Johnson, Commander of the White Scars ++

"Systema owners are easily startled, but they'll soon be back and in larger numbers"
                      Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

G&G UMG = win
                        G&G 4-18 = more win

I really enjoy and am very content with both guns, so much so I don't feel the need to buy any other AEG to add to my collection over them.

Comment

I recently went from a G&P Enforcer to a G&G TopTech T-418 Gen 2. I love it, its got a solid build quality - shoots straight and true and ROF/trigger response is very nice.

I liked it so much, I've just bought a Gen2 CQB-S because it was a reasonable price!

Plus, 2 years guarantee!

Comment

Originally posted by sniperjesus View Post
                            You were over in the US and missed out on the ******* ***** over there!?
                            Not exactly. I lived in Boulder, CO, which was quite an anti-gun place relatively speaking. The place I was living forbade any kind of guns, RIFS, even nerd guns. So that was very counter productive. I went to one Airsoft event a friend invited me to, but it was far too mil-sim for my liking, we just did drill for three hours. I took the chance to pick up a load of kit at reduced rates, but that was the extent of my time over there. I wanted to squeeze in a visit to some of the other sites, but without my kit and being short on cash it wasn't really an opportunity.

So positive things from the top tier of G&G guns, great. What about their entry level AEGs? Same deal as the CA entry guns?
                            G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
                            RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

zero one are currently selling the g and g cm16 combat machine for a mere £117.99 !,ive had one of these for well over a year and its still going very well ,an amazing gun for the money..v.happy

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Aeviv Its pronounced Ey-ViV! Find out more about Aeviv
                              Working...
                              X