Tm Sopmod blowback question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tm Sopmod blowback question

I'm looking at upgrading my tm sopmod and one of the things I'm going for is a higher rate of fire. But I have heard of people destroying their blowback functions by making rof too high. Is this true and if so Is there a way to stop it happening?

Re: Tm Sopmod blowback question

Question is - why do you want rapid ROF?

Comment

Originally posted by aaron-hill09 View Post
      Question is - why do you want rapid ROF?
      That would be his choice. Some people want it, others don't. He posted this thread to get advice not for his request to get questioned.
      If you don't have anything helpful to add to the discussion don't post.
      Recoils: TM MK18 / TM Recce / TM G36K / TM AK102
      Rifles: G&P LMT MRP
      Shotguns: TM M870 / TM M3 / G&P Sheriff 870 / Madbul AGX Tan
      Pistols: TM; Sig P226, Hi Capa Extreme x2, 1911 MEU / KWA; USP.45, M226, Glock 26, USP-c x2 / KJW 1911

Comment

depends on how fast you want to go,which batteries are you using at the moment, are you using lipos? if not then making the change will increase the rof depending on the amperage of the lipos
        VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
        trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

I'm pretty sure if you up the ROF to ludicrous speed then you need to get the heavy blow back weight or up rated weight return spring. Other wise the blowback unit tries to return after the piston has cycled again and they meet in the middle with bad juju happening.
          "I sincerely hope your next shit is a hedgehog" loki7491
          Life in the fast lane........
          sigpic

Comment

I've heard of guys running with 11.1 20C batteries.
            My sopmod on 9.6v NiMh is pretty quick, quite a few people always ask what I'm running.

Tbh I personally wouldn't recommend pushing the RPS much past 18-19, maybe 20 at a push. It just puts a big strain on the box.
            section 24 of the 1968 Act
            Supplying imitation firearms to minors
            1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
            2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

SOPMOD's are ok on 7.4's but some people have had issues running them on 11.1's. If you start running them too fast you can end up with other issues.

My advice would be to change the batteries up to 7.4 lipos unless you already have, I wouldn't go higher on battery voltage but thats me.

Comment

You'll kill your Sopmod. You'd have to spend more than the guns worth getting it upgraded so that you wouldn't shake the thing apart on a 11.1.

Change the gear set, piston and head, selector plate, nozzle and DONT put the heavy weight in. Unless you have the reinforced body and get the buffer tube shim kit for the future.

Also there is due a Black Talon Mosfet but no ETA

Comment

Don't bother with an 11.1.! The gearbox will be attempting to turn over quicker than the recoil weight can perform a cycle. Run it on a 7.4. Rof is fine, easily enough for what we all require. Improves trigger response too
                  “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Comment

I run a 7.4 lipo at current. Was considering putting a higher speed motor in. Maybe a g&p m120 as I have a few spare. Might have an ics motor also which is not quite as quick as the g&p. wouldn't dream of going as extreme as an 11.1

Comment

do you want a higher rate of fire or a better trigger response
                      VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                      trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Bit of both would work for me if possible. But trigger response at current isn't too bad so a slightly higher rate of fire would be priority

Comment

If your running 7.4 then you want a hi-torque motor not high speed, this will give you quicker response and slightly higher speed as it can cycle the box with less effort.
                          9.6v will give you more speed without the need to totally upgrade the box. This I do know.
                          "I sincerely hope your next shit is a hedgehog" loki7491
                          Life in the fast lane........
                          sigpic

Comment

Question though.

Why do you want a higher rate of fire?
                            Other than its your choice, which is a given.

Tbh a recoil sopmod is just the wrong gun to do it with, it also achieves utterly nothing.
                            section 24 of the 1968 Act
                            Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                            1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                            2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

100rps recoil for ultimate sex gun, makes the missus happy too!

- - - Updated - - -

100rps recoil for ultimate sex gun, makes the missus happy too!
                              Originally posted by Lt. Macka
                              big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Chevaliernoir Find out more about Chevaliernoir
                              Working...
                              X