smiper back up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smiper back up

i am a decent sniper got a preety god l96 but no back up wepon so bassically last weeked when playing cqb got abot 5 mins of the match and only 1 kill but the choice o my backup is
    between a m29f samuri edge biohazard gbb

or a shotgun (plz post good shotguns)

plz help me decide

the smaller thy are the more anoying thay are.

Re: smiper back up

This question has been asked over 67 millions times on this forum

Your choices are:

Any pistol - semi auto.
    Full auto pistol, trying the Cyma Glock 18c

Then any mini SMG.

MP5K
    MP7
    Uzi
    Scorpion

Full threads here:

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5181

and here:

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6496

Comment

The short answer: Any Tokyo Marui GBB pistol. All are good.

Comment

Originally posted by proffesor snippy View Post
        i am a decent sniper got a preety god l96 but no back up wepon so bassically last weeked when playing cqb got abot 5 mins of the match and only 1 kill but the choice o my backup is
        between a m29f samuri edge biohazard gbb

or a shotgun (plz post good shotguns)

plz help me decide
        None of the above.
        The TM M9 is an ok gbb but its nothing to write home about. It has fixed hop and uses the older TM GBB mech so its lower powered than the newer ones.
        With shotguns you either have spring with 1bb, spring with 3bbs or gas.
        Whichever type you get your going to have to cock it every shot which in a backup isn't ideal as you'll be using it when the enemy are close and they will have full auto.
        1bb usually have adjustable hop and decent power and come with or without stocks, with stocks you'll have extra bulk to carry and without you'll loose aiming accuracy.
        3bb ones are the TM or TM clones which come in lots of flavours from full size full stock (M3S90) thru full size no stock (spas12) all the way to shorty (M3 shorty) and with the clones you can get sliding wobble stocks. Internally they can be fragile if you dont cock them fully as bbs can get jammed and break the air nozzles which you cant get spares for. They also have fixed hop which limits overall range.
        With the gas ones they also lack hop and are quite loud with a big cloud of gas. Not what you want if your being a sneaky sniper.

Personally I'd recommend a TM Mk23 socom nbb. It's not as hard as people make out to find a holster, has great range and best of all is very quiet so you can stay hidden while taking out the enemy.
        I've been hidden 3 feet from people with mine in a clump of ferns and had them looking off into the distance for snipers.

Comment

Gotta think about carrying it around too. Carrying a pistol is easy and really comfortable - but a smg might be awkward. I'd suggest a glock or m9. - As Billy said get ANY marui pistol and it will work well for you.

Comment

I would forget about the shotgun, chances are if you've got a few guys coming at you with AEG's and your using a shotgun you're pretty much guaranteed to lose - unless your a seriously good shot that is.

As jagillham said, a SMG would also be something to think about. You would have more stopping power for one thing and you've got the added bonus of it's being electric and not gas so no worries about cold weather.

I would personally go for a Mp5K if I was in your shoes - it's a lovely little gun and you can get a shoulder holster sling that would be ideal.

Comment

Although I bought an MP7 for this, I'd actually suggest a short gas shottie.

Yes, I know that you'll be out-gunned, but they have a great fear factor to them (after all, 5 simultaneous BBs at 300ish fps tends to make you take notice) and that can be enough to get you out of the smelly stuff.

I decided to stop using my bolt action today after 1 game (it was shooting crap) and played the rest of the day with just the shottie. By the end of the day, people were constantly saying that it seriously hurt and one guy just walked out of a room with his hands up when he heard me rack the action outside the door!
              sigpic

Comment

It definitely scared the crap out those guys when u slid round the back of them.

for a sniper backup though i would suggest either a shotgun or an smg

Comment

Shot gun for me to. I did use a selection of GBBs, a short AEG and even a Minimi for 1 game :-0 But now use a short shotty, its easier if your a dedicated sniper as you dont have to do gas or electric type stuff with either of your weapons, unless of coarse you have a gas sniper rifle ;-D

Comment

i use my p90 as my back up when sniping comes in bloody handy

Comment

I'd agree with Twitchy ... A smallish AEG is a good idea. The P90 might be a little on the big side, but it can have a very respectable rate of fire, fps and magazine capacity. That way. you dont have to be out classed in close quater situations.

Shotguns are fun, but on the whole, much better suited to one on one encounters, or where you have plenty of cover to utilise. In terms of actually countering the weaknesses associated with a sniper (slow rate of fire, min engagement range) the most obvious choice really should be a low-ish fps AEG ... That would also be perfectly acceptable for CQB.

Comment

you say that the p90 is too big but i find it perfect plus with that i have mid caps for the p90 which are 150 rnds so i have 4 of them and that does me i have a sling for the p90 so it hangs from my chest which has quick realease clips so when i need to get low unclip it has gotten me out of a lot of sichs but i would think a nice pistol would do just as well i dont think a shotty is a good back up weapon for a sniper cos you have to pump the shot gun before firing where as a pistol or AEG you just fire

Comment

A guy on our site regularly turns up with his sniper and 7 others including AK, mp5, p90 and few pistols under his ghillie! I'm not suggesting this set up but it is quite funny , and he does well

Comment

My weapons of choice now are my PSG-1, P90 and desert eagle. It gets heavy combined with all my other gear but The fact I can get to my P90 really quickly and kill people is a massive advantage.

Comment

P226 with 5 mags.
                              Mine seems to be one of the very good ones having the range of a stock aegs and is bloody accurate. I has never let me down when I hav needed except on sunday when I forgot to gas one of the mags.

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9861
                              http://www.airsoftcommunity.co.uk/fo...eputation=2700

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

proffesor snippy Find out more about proffesor snippy
                              Working...
                              X