Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WE AK PMC - Adding Saiga furniture.

Hey guys.

I was wondering how difficult it would be t add saiga furniture to a WE AK. I'm aware that the WE AKs have real stock tangs so can take real steel furniture without any difficulty, but I've no idea if Saiga furniture attaches in the same way as standard AK furniture.

Please bare in mind, I'm not looking to then my AK into a saiga. I just like the look of the furniture.

This is the saiga furniture I am referring to:

Cheers.

Re: WE AK PMC - Adding Saiga furniture.

IIRC, the stock is slightly different. I only say that because people take them to a gunsmith to switch them from the original (pictured) to one with a pistol grip. If it were easy, I can't imagine they would bother with the gunsmith.

Comment

Cheers bud.

I have since noticed in the pic that the trigger and trigger guard sit further back on the body than on a standard AK, so how ever much I like the stock, I think ill just have to make do with my extending stock! Any idea on the front end?

Comment

Any idea if the Saiga front end as pictured in the photo would fit a WE AK?

Comment

Saiga furnitur.jpg

The pistol gripped version has the trigger etc further forward than the 'rifle grip' version, necessitating different internals to accommodate this - probably why it's a gunsmith job. The stock is a simple push fit secured by screws down through the tang. The foregrip has a short tongue that slots in the front of the lower rec. similar to airsofts and is secured by a single screw (doubles as sling mount srcew) into the bottom of the gas block at the front.

SAS

Comment

Hmm okay. So I need to find some way if securing the front of the handguard to the gas block?

Comment

Yup.

SAS

Comment

Cheers for the help buddy.

Comment

Additionally FYI - rear of handguard (ie. front of lower Rec.) to fixing screw is 175mm, total length of handguard is 220mm.

SAS

Comment

Ah cheers bud. Yeah that will come in useful. How do you know so much about Saigas?

Comment

I have one here next to me.

SAS

Comment

Have you thought about using RS AK furniture, stripping it down, painting it black and varnishing it, i did it to my RS shotgun, looks lovely.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Coski Find out more about Coski
                        Working...
                        X