Battery choice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery choice

Done a quick search and there was hardly anything I could find.

Need advice on on battery voltage and type? Just purchased my first AEG (I own a spring l96 and GBB m9) so I'm not to familiar with battery's.

Will a 9.6v damage and wear the gun quicker? As apposed to a 8.4v? And the higher the mAh the better and last longer?

Thanks
    Go Hard, or Go Home!!!

Re: Battery choice

Personal opinion - 7.4v Lipo is the only way I'd run a gun now. I used to be apprehensive about Lipo, but since changing - I'll never go back!

Comment

Originally posted by aaron-hill09 View Post
      Personal opinion - 7.4v Lipo is the only way I'd run a gun now. I used to be apprehensive about Lipo, but since changing - I'll never go back!
      what's the difference to li-po from others?
      Go Hard, or Go Home!!!

Comment

Better in every way till you mis-treat it. Then it blows up.

Not many people know this but hiroshima and nagasaki were actually lipo batteries.*

*Slight exxageration
        Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Lipo batteries have more usable capacity at full power than nimh , nicad etc , have no charge memory problems , and work better in the cold , they hold their charge much longer than nimh , nicad battery's
          They are much smaller than an equivalent power nimh ,
          The downsides are they need a bit more care , a decent charger to balance them , and will die if run totally flat
          The exploding / fire problem is massively over exaggerated by people stuck in the stone ages with technological advances .
          Most modern battery powered devices use them nowadays including mobile phones, laptops etc
          Unfortunatly Ann summers hasn't clocked onto it yet or there would be a massive shortage of women leaving their bedrooms in the world . !

Comment

Originally posted by jdizzy View Post
            Will a 9.6v damage and wear the gun quicker? As apposed to a 8.4v? And the higher the mAh the better and last longer?
            correct (to a degree) on both points...

9.6v will make the gun run faster, which in turns increases wear. The difference isn't great tho.
            Shouldn't cause any damage in a decent quality AEG

the higher the mAh, the longer the battery will last. A 1300mAh probably wouldn't last you a full day, whereas a 3300mAh could last a full weekend
            h e y d r i c h
            L T F S

tm ngrs scar l | tm ngrs ak102 | g&g arp556 | g&g arp9 | tm spas12 | we xdm | well mp7

Comment

A good way of judging capacity in a very approximate way.. Is every 'mah' you have, is one shot.

So a 1600mah battery is approximately enough for 1600 rounds.

I don't normally come off semi auto - so my 7.4v lipo with 1450mah battery will easily last me a day!

Comment

On a lipo / life it is more like 2 / 3 bbs for every mah as they have more usable capacity before the voltage drops off . A nimh has a different voltage curve when in use .

Comment

I just contributed to a thread all about Lipo's, but do some homework and you'll see they are very good investment.
                  "I sincerely hope your next shit is a hedgehog" loki7491
                  Life in the fast lane........
                  sigpic

Comment

Is it worth going for some of the much higher mAh rated stuff, such as 3600-5100mAh, or should 1600's or so usually suffice? (apologies if it sounds a simple Q, I'm getting used to the idea of different batteries after 8 years of only having a 1200mAH :P )

I only ask as there's a model shop near me that sells 3k+ ones for the same price as 1.6K ones at most airsoft sellers I see online, & I'm paranoid about batteries going flat in my first game this week XD

Comment

Usually stick with Airsoft suppliers for batteries as will be ok for softing, and all depends on how much space you have to stuff it into, what I've done at times is get 2 batteries at a good mid level mah rather than 1 humungus one, theory is that it one battery fails then still have spare and quicker to charge, plus less weight (i know Lipos are quite light anyway) but gives more options of carrying or hiding on rif (stock tube rear wired etc) I drop mine with a Lipo alarm so when getting low on power tells you with beep that is low so don't knacker them. (so far never had the alarm come one but I'm not a Rambo bb gun whore)

P.s. quite a few retailers sell at different prices if want more info pm me where I got mine from.
                      sigpic

Comment

I've been told good things about the Lipo cells and have felt how light they are so that's probably where I'll go in future, but I'm sticking with Nimh for now whilst I get into things, I know the 8.4v mini fits the TM P90 stock fine. What would you consider mid-level mAh?

Comment

Again depends on the space you've got but I run with some 1450mah iirc crane stock ones and one double one that's 2000+ mah (can't remember exactly what size) could do a full day in the smaller Lipos unless you like hosing down the bushes all day.

For small size Lipos I run my mp5k on some thin Lipos that replace the ak style ones so better and higher ROF out of it less voltage so better on the trigger contacts. Plus always look at using deans whenever you can the difference can be seen, heard quite easily.
                          sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jdizzy Find out more about jdizzy
                          Working...
                          X