Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• we p226 upgrades

hi guys,

I've returned to airsoft and chosen a new loadout which comprises of 2 pistols, mp9 and a sniper. I recently brought a we p226 and had the extended barrel and silencer barrel cover fitted in. I'm looking to increase the range and the accuracy of the gun further , any ideas?

i did try to use the search function but ended up nowhere...

thanks guys

Re: we p226 upgrades

Nine ball gas routers, hop rubber or tight bore barrel

Comment

I'd recommend upgrading to a TM P226 - it's made to much tighter tolerances and is correspondingly more consistent and accurate.

Failing that, you should look at upgrading the hop-up unit and rubber. I'm not sure of the level of compatibility with TM parts but I think it's high - a Nineball hop-up rubber and a TM hop-up unit (if you can get it and it fits) should help.

Comment

thanks guys

Comment

This is an older thread but I wanted to add a little more useful information.

I have had a WE F226 for around six months. Playing around with it in the garden it seemed okay, very strong kick but when I took it to a game and used it in anger it was disappointingly inaccurate. Bbs were flying all around my targets even at 15 yards. Unfortunately I did not get an opportunity to chrono it. The hopup was tuned to 0.2g bbs.

I have just fitted nineball gas routers to the magazines, a nineball tightbore inner barrel and a nineball hopup bucking. I can't do any significant tests but power and accuracy has certainly risen. I look forward to a chrono reading at my next game and I will update this with the data.

- - - Updated - - -

Also watch out for bad moulding marks on the slide rail, mine had slightly warped rails towards the muzzle end and an aggressive slide removal (not myself..) actually snapped off a part of the top slide. The slide is very low quality metal and I am considering replacing it with an aluminium Guarder metal kit and seeing how I get on with that.

Oh from what I can tell it is completely compatible with TM P226, my WE's internals match the TM diagram I was following to disassemble it. Hope that helps!

Comment

Guarder steel outer barrel has also gone in with minor filing of the topslide. Careful when filing the topslide, the metal is so weak the file really chews through it.

Comment

I got the chance to test it at range after the new upgrades. Dramatically improved accuracy and consistently. Well worth it if you actually want to hit a target with your WE P226.

Also added a set of real steel SIG P226 grips. Fitment simply needed the screw holes enlarging. It looks and feels great now.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

kumizzie my email: [email protected] - just drop me a pm and ask Find out more about kumizzie
              Working...
              X