hopups, lookin for advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hopups, lookin for advice

What makes a full metal hopup betterthan a metal / plastic hopup unit?

thanks

Re: hopups, lookin for advice

Nothing at all. It depends what level we are talking.

Marui plastic hops are generally regarded as really good compared to other metal ones.

Comment

ok from classic army stock to what ever else is full metal, why do people make the move?

thanks

Comment

To be honest dude nothing. My plastic CA AUG Hop was brilliant, so was my Metal Promy M4. Its all about the rubber and the nub, thats what comes into contact with the bb, the casing (hop unit) is basically there to stop all the bb's flying all over. As regards makes you'll find some offer "better" options. As regards the promy m4 hop, the arm that applies the pressure to the nub is angled further back so more pressure can be exerted for less turn of the wheel...

Hops...everyone is different, and everybody has there favourite.
        "As the Great Warrior poet Ice Cube once said, when the day does not require an AK it is good"

Comment

Right, firstly I am pretty sure Marui's have plastic 2 piece hopups as stock??

It's bodies like G&P that need one piece hops, and the metal on piece hops are the better ones. Generally people change them when they are building or upgrading and Systema Metal one piece hops tend to be a fovourite.

G&P hops also tend to be dodgy unless they are modded and often people swap out those. Guarder also do a plastic 2 piece for Marui's iirc.

If you were to upgrade from the CA one, I would go all Systema so nub and bucking as well.
          Old Feedback: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9500-TaylorB

Comment

Originally posted by Taylorb View Post
            If you were to upgrade from the CA one, I would go all Systema so nub and bucking as well.
            Like i said everybody has there favourite because i would then disagree with that choice. I've owened a systema hop/rubber set up and found the systema hop couldn't produce enough hop for the heavey weight ammo i used...every situation is different.

Which i why i run a promy M4 hop and firefly rubber/nub set because of the forementioned pressure arm (technical name...ish) to produce greater amounts of hop for your turn.

Ben
            "As the Great Warrior poet Ice Cube once said, when the day does not require an AK it is good"

Comment

Originally posted by idrivetractors View Post
              Like i said everybody has there favourite because i would then disagree with that choice. I've owened a systema hop/rubber set up and found the systema hop couldn't produce enough hop for the heavey weight ammo i used...every situation is different.

Which i why i run a promy M4 hop and firefly rubber/nub set because of the forementioned pressure arm (technical name...ish) to produce greater amounts of hop for your turn.

Ben
              Yeh, I can imagine that's probably true actually. I've only used it sub 400 fps myself anyway, so only really use 0.25's. But certainly for a 300-350 fps M4 i would have said they are the best with normal ammo, especially the rubbers which are soft and very well made.

Is the firefly rubber you use the hard type? (i.e for higher fps) As that would probably explain the heavier bb's, unless they are just your choice anyway
              Old Feedback: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9500-TaylorB

Comment

Nah i stuck with the normal type rubber, seems to do the trick with .25 marui and guarder .28's. My systema hop set up was fine with .2 and .23 excel at 330 but lost range when using .25's.
                Everybody has a favourite hop set up they use cos every case is different. So many makers out there producing what is basically the same item with tiny differences in either 1 or 2 parts or in metal or plastic...i say stick with what you know and ignore what others (like myself) try to preach.

Ben

Comment

Marui Hops. I swear by them, they are that good.
                  Have I bought or sold an item that relates to you recently? If so, please leave me my iTrader

Comment

All the Marui hops I've seen are one-piece. Don't know how they make them so good, but they do!

Comment

Its probably down to the TM rubber, the shape inside where the nub sits is a nice curved extension out into the barrel which produces good amounts of pressure (to promote spin). When doing some testing back in Jan i found the TM rubber/nub was more consistent than the promy rubber/nub...

Hop's are a minefield...

Ben

Comment

I have an G&G M16 (GR16 A2 Plastic), it was firing at around 310 fps, made the decision to fit a new hop bucking/rubber and nub along with a prommy tightbore.

I used the Prometheus bucking and an element H nub and my FPS increased to 330, then added the tighbore and got a further 7fps, I will be field testing it tomorrow.

On the other side of the coin I fitted a Guarder clear bucking to my G&G M14 socom and the FPS dropped by 20fps, quickly changed it back to the stock bucking but also fitted an element H nub and the fps is back to what it was.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

badas Find out more about badas
                        Working...
                        X