Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guarder Frame Versions

Afternoon Gents,

I am after a guarder TAN frame for my glock17 project and have come across two of what looks to be the same product but one with a EU appendix and one with a U.S. appendix. Price is marginally different however this is not the problem. I am looking for the bet one with regards to accuracy of trademarks etc.
    I have had a Google around and thought's seem to be that the U.S. one will have regulated trademarks to comply with patent and import laws, whereas the E.U. version will be complete with full trades.

Any advances on this? Or better still have you got either the U.S./E.U. version? If so, thoughts...

Many Thanks.

Re: Guarder Frame Versions

The US one replicates Glocks assembled in the US by Glock USA for the American market. It still has Glock trademarks, but has 'Glock Inc. Symerna, GA' (or something like that) to show it was assembled to be sold in the US to comply with import laws regarding guns (Stupid laws, I should add). The EU frames are replicas of the Glocks made in Austra for sale in Europe, and say 'Glock inc. made in Austria' etc. They're very similar really, just depends what kind of loadout you like. For a US military style player, go US frame, obviously. That is what you'd see in an American solider's/policeman's holster. For anything European go for the EU, because that's realistically what they'd have. Guarder really needs to make new frames and slides for the new Glocks that are actually manufactured in the US - they have a Georgia state stamp on the slide and frame, and MADE in USA printed on it.

US Version:

EU Version:

Hope that helps.

Comment

Re: Guarder Frame Versions

Excellent, thanks for that. Most appreciated! Clears this up perfectly.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

andy02380 Find out more about andy02380
      Working...
      X