Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermarket pistol grip for SCAR?

Hi guys,

The pistol grip on my SCAR is starting to annoy me so I want to get something a bit more comfortable. The usual Magpul MOE grips apparently don't fit as don't any other M4 grip because apparently the motor sits higher in the upper receiver.

Can anyone give me any examples?

Olphy.
    - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Re: Aftermarket pistol grip for SCAR?

I don't see why it should, TM recoil M4/Scar's use modified V2 gearbox. Lower part of gearbox has the same fixing points as a normal AEG, I sure I seen MOE and other grips fitted in the picture thread.

Comment

I don't think an MOE would fit as the bit that curves up at the back wouldn't fit with the Scar receiver. However I don't see any reason why other M4 grips wouldn't fit.

Comment

They don't fit, I have tried and practically butchered a £20 magpul grip to no avail (£20 down the chute ). Standard M4 grips have the motor sitting lower as the gearbox is lower into the AR15 style receiver, whereas V2 gearboxes in SCARs sit higher up. As such the connecting points in a SCAR pistol grip are higher up. Does anyone have any experience what what grips are comfy and fit well?

Comment

i am sorry to contradict they do fit, i have one on my Ares Scar H right now, it took about 30mins of fitting to make it work. the only issues on mine is that there is no plastic covering up a gap behind wehre the trigger sites, apart from that it will work...

sorry that was with a magpul grip.
          The Airsoft Knowledge Base Project is where we will be building up information, guides, fixes and other Airsoft knowledge.

Comment

There was no problem with the grip fitting, that just took some masterful bodgery. It was the motor alignment I had a problem with, it simply sat too low in the grip and sounded like it was in pain when you fired it. How did you fix this?

Comment

what make is your scar, i think it might be possible on a Ares and not your make

the ares grip looks different -

and sorry to rub it in.

The Airsoft Knowledge Base Project is where we will be building up information, guides, fixes and other Airsoft knowledge.

Comment

G&G SCARs use a standard m4 grip - tested this myself when I was working on one for a mate.
                Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

It's a Tokyo Marui EBBR.

Comment

Fully Necro posting here, but I simply can't be arsed to start a new thread.

Anyone managed to replace a pistol grip on a CA Scar L?

Mine is a bit fucked and want to replace it with something more comfortable and practical. Also my motor housing plate is kind of crappy too, so thinking a new grip would be a two birds one stone kinda thing. But judging by my internets searches, it is not possible.
                    G

There are 10 types of people who understand binary, those that do and those that don't.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Olphy Find out more about Olphy
                    Working...
                    X