Cleaning Regime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning Regime

Just a small bit advice on how far to take the cleaning process on both my g&g m4 and my GBB WE M9?

I'm yet to strip my m4 in any kind of way. I'm not really sure what I'm doing if I'm honest, wouldn't want anything to fall out if I took it apart.

As for my m9 I remove the top slide, barrel and spring and literally wipe down and silicone where it moves/slides.

Should I be doing anymore than this?

Also some advice on how to clean the M4 would be appreciative

Thanks John
    Go Hard, or Go Home!!!

Re: Cleaning Regime

For just every day servicing pop the upper off the lower, clean any obvious muck and pull through the barrel with a dry cloth. Pulling the barrel on your M9 won't hurt either

If you want to take the gearbox apart there are plenty of tutorials on youtube/google, just have a quick search I don't recommend you do the gearbox after each skirmish though, I tend to do it after every 150000 rounds or so (5-8 skirmishes).

If you want to use a better lube than silicone on your pistol, I'd recommend froglube - works fantastically for metal on metal lubrication, I use it in my pistol and the efficiency has increased noticeably since I made the switch from silicone.
    Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

you use 20-30,000 rounds per skirmish? bloody hell i thought i was bad lol

Comment

remember two old sayings,
        1, if it aint broke dont fix it
        2, more guns were worn out by over cleaning than by firing

Comment

Thinking about this, when you clean the carrel with the rod, i presume you put a piece of cloth through the tag on the end... Do you have to remove the hop when doing this?

Comment

Its better to remove the barrel from the hop, however not entirely necessary if you take all of the hop off and are just very careful when passing over the section containing the nub
            Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

Comment

Lol there was one too many zeroes on there!

I just go for it, if it.can take bbs being hammered past it a piece of cloth shouldn't be an issue

Sent from outer space
              Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

I don't believe stripping it is really necessary, honestly it will likely only lead to issues i.e forgetting to put something back on, back on incorrectly.

My cleaning process is:
                1) turn OFF your hopup - make a mark if you want to remember to where to reset it (otherwise just do this at the next game, takes about 2mins)
                2) cut up an old white tshirt into rectangular strips about 5cmx12cm
                3) Place a strip through the unjamming rod (there's a eye on the end to feed it through)
                4) spray a small amount of silicon onto each side
                5) insert it into the end of the barrel with a twisting motion as it goes down and up (to get all around the inner barrel)
                6) Go down and up once - inspect the white strip
                7) repeat steps 3-6 until the white strip is clean
                8) Then do the same again 2-4 times WITHOUT silicon (to get rid of any silicon within the inner barrel

Comment

Dislike? i was only asking a legitimate question...

Comment

Originally posted by dadio View Post
                    remember two old sayings,
                    1, if it aint broke dont fix it
                    2, more guns were worn out by over cleaning than by firing
                    If the barrel is not clean how can you expect to shoot reasonably accurately at anything . 90 per cent of the guns I see that misfeed , have accuracy , range problems work perfectly after a bit of cleaning, same goes for gbb guns that never get lubed or cleaned
                    Dosnt cost a penny to look after your guns .

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jdizzy Find out more about jdizzy
                    Working...
                    X