Zero In My ACOG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zero In My ACOG

Im really struggling, i had it ok but wanted to make a slight adjustment to ensure perfect accuracy for tomorrows skirmirsh, Now its shooting right ALL the time, and not by a little itas about 2-3inches off, Ive tried to zero it as best as possible but i dont want to use 500 more pellets to try and zero it not knowing what im doing

(its a Trijcon ACOG)

Thanks

Re: Zero In My ACOG

4-5 rounds, adjust the average. And repeat until hitting targets. dont do 1 shot and adjust. Will never get spot on perfect with airsoft barrels. But get close enough.

Comment

You'll struggle to get it much better than 2-3 inches at a decent range anyway.

I'd say if you can hit a target at 20-30m by putting the crosshairs on it, you'll be fine.

I tend to find that I don't use my ACOG much for shooting anyway. At airsoft ranges the target acquisition is a bit slow. Good for spotting though.
      Buy my stuff!

Comment

Its a constant cluster to the right, i cant adjust anymore to the right than i am, its maxed

Comment

As your problem is that the scope is at full adjustment in one direction while still being off by 2-3", there are a few possible causes:

1. The rail is not precisely aligned.
          2. The barrel is not precisely aligned.
          3. The scope is not properly seated on the rail.
          4. It is an airsoft scope and, therefore, not constructed as precisely as a real steel one.

As others have said, a 2-3" error at normal airsoft range is acceptable. Given the imprecision of airsoft scopes, hops and barrels and the effect of wind etc on the flight of BBs, hoping for absolute precision is a pipe dream.

Comment

Well i dont know if my scope is full steel, but its metal lol
            I had it fine is the problem, now its suddenly playing up, im not expecting amazing prcison but the annoyance is being 2-3" off at 50feet of range just wont cut it, my pellets are so well clustered firing nearly in the same spot every time, is there anything i can try?

Comment

2-3" off at 50' is a bit poor.

You could try reseating the scope: take it off the rail, clean the rail and the base of the scope, put the scope back on, loosely tighten the rear screw, loosely tighten the front and then tighten them both fully. Then try adjusting it again.

Comment

It's a replica how can you expect it to function the same way as something that costs 10x more there's a reason real acogs cost £1k+!

Comment

Ill give it a go, Its just strange ill explain the full scenario
                  Skirmish Tomorrow thought i would quickly tighten up the scope to make sure im in top shape
                  Went outside, shot 5 pellets nicely grouped, slightly high and slightly left, so i gave it a couple of clicks on both
                  Then that was alright, still a bit left so i gave it a few more clicks to get it right - shot 10 pellets
                  Little bit to far right - shot 10 pellets
                  few more clicks to the left - shot 10 pellets
                  Boom....Firing right 2 inchs - shot 10 pellets
                  Clicked it about 20 to the right - shot 20 pellets
                  still got to far to the right, this is when i started doing full rotations of the adjustments to get it to fir left again so that i could start a fresh from the left again...........Now its not taking any of it

P.s. Why do people assume im expecting perfection? i just know that at 100 feet im not going to hit anything in my cross-hair, im getting it into a fair central cluster rather than the bullet firing right every time i shoot, It did it before! why not now?

Comment

I hate to say this but it sounds like something has failed in the scope adjustment mechanism. If you adjusted it fully in one drection, this might be the problem.

Comment

Arrrrr your kidding me, So you reckon its pushed it to far in one direction? no way of fixing this is there?

Comment

If it is stuck at the same misalignment, it is possible that a thread has stripped or something has broken. I have never worked on an ACOG, but scopes are not something that you want to be stripping down if you do not know what you are doing.

Does the alignment alter at all when you adjust the scope?

Comment

Yes it realigns fine, But obviously i can move it left, up and down, right but obviously this just takes me further away from my target area

Comment

Just to clarify, are the following correct:

1. Adjusting the scope does alter the point of aim.
                            2. Adjusting the scope does not get the scope back in alignment with the point of impact as it was before you started adjusting it.

Comment

Excatly, The iron sights line up solid though
                              so until i get this sorted im using a red dot sight which is accurate as it can be

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

adam859 Find out more about adam859
                              Working...
                              X