MOSFET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOSFET

Youll have to excuse my ignorance here as i am relitiveley new to airsoft, but what is a MOSFET?

Re: MOSFET

Ok im new aswell, but basically i believe its like a relay, instead of the power going through the trigger contacts, its controlled through the mosfet which prolongs the life of trigger switch and improves trigger response.
    Some have active braking which stalls the motor after every shot but unsure on benifits, sure someone will enlighten us correctly soon

Originally posted by Metalbody
    pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

cheers dude, but id also like to know whats a tight bore barell and whats its benifits and how else can you modify the internal for faster ROF?

Cheers

Comment

for ROF increas use a higher voltage battery
        high ROF puts more strain on motor so not alway good

i find using a 9.6v as apposed to 8.4v give enough increase

tight bore i think is to add accuracy but i have never bothered with one really

there are all sorts of internals you can change but as a new player i would go for something more standard

the more changes you make the more likely to malfunction from what i have seen in the last 2 years i have been playing

Comment

tightbore will increase accuracy and increase fps slightly as less air escapes around the bb

Originally posted by Metalbody
          pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

MOSFET stands for Metal Oxide Semiconductor Field Effect Transistor.
            It's an electronic switch with the ability to handle high currents without those currents flowing through the triggering device.

In the context of airsoft, MOSFET is usually used to describe a MOSFET unit which incorporates the MOSFET itself, and some interface circuitry to allow the gun's trigger contacts to turn on the MOSFET. The MOSFET then takes the large motor current, but the trigger doesn't take a large current, making the contacts last longer.
            That interface circuit can be as simple as a couple of resistors, ranging up to the complex versions with microcontrollers.
            A side effect of using a MOSFET is that its "on resistance" is often lower than the mechanical trigger contacts (particularly if those contacts are dirty after a lot of use), resulting in more power getting to the motor, increasing the rate of fire a bit.

The ones with microcontrollers can do diagnostics as well as giving non-standard fire modes.

Comment

IMHO it's one of the best mod's you can do to a AEG.

Comment

where can i get one that'll fit an ics m4?

Comment

From what ive read you dont get them that are gun specific, its just simply buying one and wiring it in.

Theres one on ebay at the moment dude, type in the search bar airsoft mosfet and believe its like £16 start bid with 4 postage something like that.

Comment

cool, thanks for that

Comment

Look out for Infected or Extreme Fire. Two trusted and established makers of decent parts

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Monkey-Boy Find out more about Monkey-Boy
                      Working...
                      X