This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to fit folding stock on an M4A1

I was just wondering if anyone knows how to do this? I dont understand how it works.

FYI I am using the standard M4 stock on a GR-16 by G&G.
    Originally posted by B.E.N.
    Originally posted by TheLazymarksman
    Tactical bed covers...
    Double or single?

Re: How to fit folding stock on an M4A1

If your talking about fitting a folding para stock then you need to take off existing stock and reduce the length of the rear piece (the bit that goes unto the standard stock) then para stock will fit.

If this is not what your after please post a few pics and a better explanation.

Comment

Well, in short its a pain in the butt!!. I did one awhile back for a mate. As above you need to take off existing stock stub (saw off) , grind down carefully repair paint work as required. remember you still need to have the screw which connects into the rear of the gearbox assembly. It may be worth using some metal type adhesive as well on the metal face of ex stub and new para stock as sometimes you can get some movement after some use of the para stock. If i were you id look at some other form of stock,reason, you cannot go back after fitting a para stock as your stub is gone! hope this helps...
      The nomad only goes from point to point as a consequence and as a factual necessity: in principle, points for him are relays along a trajectory.” (Nomadology: The War Machine)

Comment

you dont have to sand your stoke tube down, you can buy a new stock end that will fit a para stock on, and you can go back as you can jut buy another stock tube

HOWEVER, folding stocks cannot be fitted to real M4's, so dont do it!
        |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

yeah but the can be fitted to LR300s so
          zm weapons am beter than armashite XD
          trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
          http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

Well....I did this to my CA M4, and could swap between solid stock, sliding stock and para if i wanted to.

Get a stock spacer and mark where that finishes when fitted over the stock 'stub' then cut with a hacksaw about 1-2 mm further up the 'stub' (make sure you do this so you can file it down if youve cut it wonky and can file it down to where the spacer finishes).

Dont forget, you cant put it back on if youve cut it off!

Then put spacer back on and fit your folding stock!
            Originally posted by Artekus
            It looks like I'll need to brush up on my fieldcraft/untutored thrashing about in the undergrowth

Comment

Ste has hit the nail on the head here, see if you can get hold of an A+K or G&G GR300 or LR300 folding stock. They require no additional modification they just bolt on in place of a regular stock tube or solid stock. If you post in the swaps section with the stock you have now you might get lucky- I preferred my LR with a sliding stock and someone else might too.

Comment

Thanks for all the help guys, But I have come to the conclusion its too challenging a task :L

Mods may close, or leave open if anyone else wants any help.
                Originally posted by B.E.N.
                Originally posted by TheLazymarksman
                Tactical bed covers...
                Double or single?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

iAndersonzxX FIT. Find out more about iAndersonzxX
                Working...
                X