Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Capa slides on 1911s

Hey guys.

Recently bought a WE Colt Commander on here but the slide arrived chipped(happened in transit unfortunately).

Obviously a cheap 4.3 1911 slide is pretty darn hard to come across, so do you think a Hi Capa 4.3 slide would fit? Will the 1911 internals just fit right inside it or will it need certain parts changing to hi capa bits?

Cheers guys and appreciate the help.

Re: Hi Capa slides on 1911s

internals should fit but I imagine the rear sight is different.

Comment

From what I remember of my old TM Foliage Warrior, it is essentially a Hi-Capa slide on a 1911 lower. So yes, it should work.

If you have any doubts, Mike Cripps is your man to go to. He can answer pretty much any questions you have on most Airsoft 1911's/Hi-Capas.

Comment

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fZqtlqxCQGc

I know he's using TM pistols but you might get some useful info from there hope it helps.
        KJW KP-08 - g&g scar l - we g23 - kwa vector - g&g tr4 cqb-s

VOA is a combat multiplier. When engaging an opponent, or engaged by an opponent, the immediate application of extreme violence lends a ferocious momentum forward that is irresistible.

Comment

Yup, theyre all the same, just a little rail insert to fit the slides on 1911 frames.
          -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
          -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
            Yup, theyre all the same, just a little rail insert to fit the slides on 1911 frames.
            I don't think WE have that cutout like on a TM 1911 slide rail since the WE 1911s are Hi Capa based. That said, it should fit since the WE Hi Capa and 1911 are so similar in build.

Comment

worth noting though that you can't take the sights of WE slides as they are moulded on

Comment

My understanding is that you need the Tanio Koba Slide Spacer to adapt Hi-Capa slides to 1911 frames. That could just be for TM or 5.1 slides, though.

Comment

the marui 1911 slides come with them, (if you buy a complete one or a new psitol)
                  i have used WE Hicapa slides on 1911 frames.

Comment

Cheers for all the info guys. Appreciate it. I have actually contacted mike Cripps and he's given me similar info!

Comment

Originally posted by PureSilver View Post
                      My understanding is that you need the Tanio Koba Slide Spacer to adapt Hi-Capa slides to 1911 frames. That could just be for TM or 5.1 slides, though.
                      Yeah I think since the WE 1911 is a modified Hi Capa, it already has Hi Capa spec slide rails.

Comment

Originally posted by Apurturesci View Post
                        Yeah I think since the WE 1911 is a modified Hi Capa, it already has Hi Capa spec slide rails.
                        This. You need the spacer for marui sized 1911 frames
                        No space for HiCapa spec.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Coski Find out more about Coski
                        Working...
                        X