ASCU Gen3+ Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASCU Gen3+ Issue

Just wondering if anyone can help me with a problem I have came across, I have just recently installed the ASCU Gen3+ into my gearbox however it doesn't seem to want to work.

When I connect the battery the unit beeps, as it says it should, however It does not fire. I have tried to access the program mode on it by following the instructions provided with it but again all I get is the single beep when I connect the battery. I have tried to troubleshoot the issue with solutions in the instructions but all it tells me is a misplaced selector plate could anyone help and expand on that?

Re: ASCU Gen3+ Issue

This has been covered in other posts in the forum but to recap mine was the same on a g&p aeg with a m120 motor and ended up having to put a m170 devil motor in as the m120 wasnt good enough no idea why but changing the motor worked for me

Comment

this is going to be down to one of 3 things,
      the motor as jonglow has talked about above.
      crimped or damaged cables, the ones i've worked on have alway been at the buffer tube. ( i also seen it when i tried to front wire a Ascu ) disreguard this as its the gen3,
      or battery issues, had a 7.4 lipo that would cause this issue every time it was used, 3 balances later the battery imploded

let us know what you find,

- - - Updated - - -

there was also some issues with the gen 3s shorting on the gearbox casing if memory serves me correctly.

mmm let me research that.

- - - Updated - - -

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?197976-*Request*-ASCU-gen-3

not sure if youy have seen this
      The Airsoft Knowledge Base Project is where we will be building up information, guides, fixes and other Airsoft knowledge.

Comment

also have you tried a factory reset
        VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
        trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Thanks for the reply guys, I don't think its the motor as its a lonex a2 installed at the moment. Have also tried different batteries with no success.

Might seem a bit stupid but how do you do a factory reset as I haven't been able to find that in the instructions with the ascu?

Also has anyone else had issues with the wires for the motor been on the short side? as mine seem to be a struggle to get to reach and tight when connected, could this be the problem?

Comment

I have just installed one of these in my M4 based DMR. The motor wires are short and I had to extend one of mine to allow the motor to sit centrally in the grip. The ASCU has built in protection so if your meshing is too tight it won't allow a potential overload situation. Also ensure that you empty hop detection is turned off.

Good luck.

Matt

Comment

have you checked your fire selector plate, i had a similar issue where it didnt sit correctly so it thought it was in safe at all times

running g&p with ascu gen 3+ and lonex a2 titan

Comment

Originally posted by Mattup View Post
                ensure that you empty hop detection is turned off.

Good luck.

Matt
                this was the problem i had with mine,it was sensing that the mag was empty therefore cutting the power,so i had to reprogramme it and turn the sensor off
                VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TH3 PR3T3ND3R Find out more about TH3 PR3T3ND3R
                Working...
                X