Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AKS-74U

Hi,

I really like the look of these little beasts. My problem is that I have only ever owned G&P M4 variants before, so I thought I'd throw it open to you guys to recommend me an AKS-74U. So far, I have my eye on the G&G Top Tech GK74U, but are there better options?

I'm looking to spend about £300-350 and, I'd like something I could stick rails on at some point, like this.

image.jpg

I know the AK purists will be seething at that, but let me venture into non-M4 territory one step at a time, please!

Re: AKS-74U

Originally posted by Kodiak212 View Post
    Hi,

I really like the look of these little beasts. My problem is that I have only ever owned G&P M4 variants before, so I thought I'd throw it open to you guys to recommend me an AKS-74U. So far, I have my eye on the G&G Top Tech GK74U, but are there better options?

I'm looking to spend about £300-350 and, I'd like something I could stick rails on at some point, like this.

I know the AK purists will be seething at that, but let me venture into non-M4 territory one step at a time, please!
    You can stick rails on any AK, all as you have to do is change the hand guard, Have a look at the LCT range or The CYMA range (clones of the LCT but a lot cheaper) the CYMA AK's are considered some of the best at only £200 they have steel bodies and shoot very well,some need a down grade as they come in hot.

Someone should be along shortly to give the CYMA model numbers

Comment

my pal has the CYMA 0.48 (full sized) and its an absolute animal, did need a downgrade to an m90 though but other than that its really nice strait out the box, had no issues with it as well and its his main gun.

VFC also make a really nice one but a fair bit more pricey, the CYMA gives a lot more bang for buck

Comment

My CYMA Aks74u is a little beast, throw in a couple of upgrades/downgrades and you're on to a winner.

Comment

i dont know of any one that owns the new g&g models so cant say if there good or not but Zero in did have one for sale for a bargain price if im not mistaken. if there gen2 internals are the same as their m4 range then they should shoot well out the box, they are meant to be full steel but im not sure what construction they are (vfc/lct,TM, or their own). i also recall them not being compatible with other brands mags.

then you have

VFC : V good, realistic, not what id call cheap, and hard to find
          LCT : V good, realistic, a little less then a vfc for the aks74u, but some of their other models are cheap as chips for what they are, and already have rails. they also have two new aks74u models with their new trx rails fitted that should be in stores soon.

cyma : value, cheap, some pot metal, work out the box fine, but might need a down grade.
          DBOYs : same as above but make full steel versions for the same money as the cyma if you can find one (pm me i might have a map)
          Head shot aka open minded

Comment

What do people feel about the ICS version of these as well? I'm also looking at an aks74u and the reviews don't seem too bad and a bit cheaper than the lct.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Simon77 View Post
              What do people feel about the ICS version of these as well? I'm also looking at an aks74u and the reviews don't seem too bad and a bit cheaper than the lct.
              Fantastic Build quality inside and out, but despite being wood/metal they lack the realistic finish of the LCT's. If you grab an LCT + re-work the internals it would be a work of art/
              dsgdreamteam

Comment

Definitely look into LCT, for instance there was an AKMSU posted for sale on here the other day, stunning quality and shouldn't be overlooked even if it was a touch expensive for a used version in my opinion
                And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

The new g&g ak range guns use the lct externals . The difference is the internals . Am still waiting for a side by side comparison on these two manufacturers take on the same gun . The g &g wins on warranty but it will be interesting to see how they stand against each other on range , accuracy ,internals and reliability etc . I know the g&g has got a 6.03 tb and green hop as standard fit . The g&g new range have non blowback , 11.1 battery foregrip ,normal battery models in the range . . Waiting for some reveiws guys ..

Comment

be warned, any railed handguard on an AK seems to take it from "reasonably heavy" to "unreasonably heavy, holy jesus god I have a hernia now". I would rather use a sidemount...do airsoft people make those?

Comment

Most side mounts on ak guns stop the folding stock being used properly in my experiences with them . But there are other options dependant on what you wish to mount on your gun.

Comment

Originally posted by Stealthkiller View Post
                        The new g&g ak range guns use the lct externals . The difference is the internals . Am still waiting for a side by side comparison on these two manufacturers take on the same gun . The g &g wins on warranty but it will be interesting to see how they stand against each other on range , accuracy ,internals and reliability etc . I know the g&g has got a 6.03 tb and green hop as standard fit . The g&g new range have non blowback , 11.1 battery foregrip ,normal battery models in the range . . Waiting for some reveiws guys ..
                        Yeah, me too! These seem the easiest AKs to source by miles and if they're using LCT externals, that's great. I'd like to know what the battery foregrips are like, as the foregrip is the part I'm looking to replace. That's be made more difficult if the battery is a part of the original one.

Comment

The g&g ak74 su is traditional style set up for the battery , has no blowback and is a lovely looking bit of kit . On the other models the foregrip battery's are removable much like the mp5 foregrip model , will take a bit of wiring modding and a set of deans to convert it back to traditional battery carrying cap abilities .

Comment

Ive had a few Ak's by different manufacturers...for the budget you have then LCT is definitely the way to go - rock solid and stunning bits of kit

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Kodiak212 Find out more about Kodiak212
                            Working...
                            X