This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SRC MP5

Has anyone else heard anything about these only being able to run on a lipo? I got hold of one secondhand and it wont run at all an 8.4v and only just on a9.6v! The seller says thats because they have high torque motors which will only run on lipos. Does this sound right to anyone else?
    HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Re: SRC MP5

not sure about the mp5, but i have had a play with the src g36, and on a 8.4 thay are very sluggish
    WANTED
    Mid cap mp5 mags
    s-arms m4 mags
    motorola & kenwood commercial radios

Comment

umm battery power is battery power!
      I have a rune DMR with a high torque motor tuned to 340 - 345 fps which runs on a tiney winey 800mah 7.4 lipo.

Comment

My point is are these MP5s lipo only? I'd be surprised if they are, this actually does not turn on a standard 8.4v which suggests to me that something is wrong.
        HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

sound to me that you need an 11.4v and these are lipos.
          "Obedience breeds discipline, discipline breeds unity, unity breeds power, power is life"
          Welcome to Umbrella

Comment

Alternatively, it could be a knackered motor/gearbox...

Comment

Originally posted by No1_sonuk View Post
              Alternatively, it could be a knackered motor/gearbox...
              This is what i'm trying to get to, i've never heard of these guns being lipo only, if they are'nt then there is something wrong with this gun and that is what i'm trying to establish as in that case I would want my money back.

Comment

that's what i was trying to get at.

if it will only run on an 11.1v then something is wrong - there is no "only Lipo"
                (and voltage is only part of it MAH and Discharge play a pet in it too)

Comment

Originally posted by Fossilfuel View Post

if it will only run on an 11.1v then something is wrong - there is no "only Lipo"
                  Thanks mate, thats what I thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Fossilfuel View Post

Disharge is everything... (continuous). Voltage is just a factor in what discharge the battery is.

A 7.4v battery normally has at least the disharge of a 9.6v nimh, so actualyy provides more power.

Devlin - I doubt there are many guns that won't even turn over on 8.4v, but it would be worth putting it on a 7.4v lipo to see whether it will with a bit more power. Maybe even a 11.1v - just try it with a batt that has a continuous disharge of 35Aish to test. If it won't turn over on that, then that sounds a bit silly :p
                    Old Feedback: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9500-TaylorB

Comment

Thanks for the help guys but i've no intention of going over to lipos and if this gun will only run on a lipo (which I doubt is correct) then I dont want it.

Comment

I just rummaged through the reviews on a scottish retailler's site. One mentions putting in a 9.6V or it runs "like a Vickers gun" on 8.4V. But, it should still run on the 8.4V.

Comment

I have used my G36 today using a VP 8.4V 2200 battery it lasted the full days play and rate of fire was fine. Nothing to write home about but certainly respectable. I suspect you may have tight gearing and it will need setting up properly
                          Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Maybe you just need to adjust the gears / spring / or height of the motor....all these could contribute to the gun running at a slow speed.
                            Bit-o-everything M4 RIS /TM MP5A4 / JG G36C / KWA MP9 NS2 / WE G39C / KSC USP / TM Beretta PX4 / TM 1911 MEU / DE M56 shotty

Comment

Thanks everyone but I think we can close this thread now, I just wanted to establish this particular gun was'nt right and all has now been resolved.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Devlin Find out more about Devlin
                              Working...
                              X