Potential Lens Protectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential Lens Protectors

I'm after some lens protectors for my scope, since I'd rather it didn't shatter as it cost £80...

Ris ones won't fit, as the scope is too damn long (pic below).

Are there any that will 'pop' into the front and protect it?

Cheers.

sigpic
    "I are God, lol."

Re: Potential Lens Protectors

well i have a newish contour roam II ,and i would like the lens to stay the way that it was intended so i bought an A4 sheet of perspex of the bay for a couple of quid,added to some old 35 mm inner tube,or 50mm rubber heat shrink, which ever works best.....and hopefully i gonna make me a cover
    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

ive got a flashkill in my acog, loads on the bayofE, saved my sight many a time

Comment

What I did was contact a certain company who do cut to size polycarb discs, 6 custom size ones set me back just shy of £20 all in and delivery was very quick, got 3mm thick polycarb and fits just in the front of the objective lens with a bit of self amaglamating (if that's how you spell it) tape, very secure, doesn't cloud or make the image darker, infact don't even see it's there when looking through the lens. Currently fitted on my utg RDS, vsr scope and utg magnifier. Very happy and best £20 spent protecting optics worth a lot more than that.

Obviously polycarb is 100 times stronger than acrylic (iirc) and flexible to a point so tested it with a 500fps .2 at 1 foot and not even a scratch.

As per forum rules pm us if interested of the company (although it's not even anything to do with weapons let alone Airsoft stuff ). I used to do the cut your own lenses but not always easy so for a few quid more get cut to size and no hassle.

Had used the kilkflash before on an elcan but after 1 bb hit it was knackered, saved my optic but not reusable hence my change to polycarb
        sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

WillGreen Find out more about WillGreen
        Working...
        X