This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• battery ? fps

at the moment i have orderd an mp5 which runs on 4.8v which is 260fps if i uprate the battery to 6v will it just give me a better right of fire or fps aswell

cheers alex

Re: battery ? fps

A higher volt battery will up the ROF alot, but FPS is unaffected. - Upgrade the spring is the first option to a higher fps rating.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLazymarksman View Post
      A higher volt battery will up the ROF alot, but FPS is unaffected. - Upgrade the spring is the first option to a higher fps rating.
      about the spring to upgrade can you just get any mp5 one does it have to be for the creatain gun
      sorry im new to this

Comment

What Mp5 is it?

You'll need an M100 or a 1J spring ideally.

Comment

You can buy m100 spring that'll bring it up to around 330, or 1J (both the same anyway) The mp5 is a version 3 mech-box I believe, so its easy to work with. If you don't want to do this, you can always get a professional to do it for you.

EDIT* ^ Beat me to it! Grr :D

Comment

Originally posted by bravotwozero View Post
            What Mp5 is it?

You'll need an M100 or a 1J spring ideally.
            only a very cheap one its D95 MP5 on just bb guns ? just wanted to see how much i could upgrade it

Comment

Originally posted by taffy047 View Post
              only a very cheap one its D95 MP5 on just bb guns ? just wanted to see how much i could upgrade it
              save your money on upgrading it and just buy a new gun with the money

Comment

...Thats more of a LPEG, I don't think it's skirmish proof. I don't know much about upgrading the lower tier of airsoft guns or 'bb guns'

Comment

Ahh.

You won't be able to upgrade it then if it's a cheap plinker.

I've had a look at the gun, and you won't get far with that gun i'm afraid.

Comment

Like Comeback's suggestion, I'd save up for a proper gun!

Comment

ok thank you very much for the advice

Comment

ok one last question would i be able just for the time being while im saving up for a gun to fit it with an m100 spring on but on 6v do you think that would be ok

Last edited by The Keeper of Secrets; 13 March, 2010, 18:23. Reason: removing link.

Comment

i doubt the stock motor would be able to pull that back and even if it could the gearbox is proberly very low quality and would crack or if its plastic snap.. sorry dude

Comment

Ok.

Chances are that will not take standard AEG internals. It's a 3/4 size gun designed for backyard plinking and isn't in the same league as even the cheapest standard AEGs.

If, by some miracle, it does fit in, it'll destroy the internals of your gun very, very quickly. The internals of an AEG costing £35.00 will be nothing like strong enough to pull any upgraded spring.

Take comeback's advice. If you are serious about airsoft, you need a proper AEG.

Apologies to be the bearer of bad news.

Comment

Originally posted by comeback View Post
                              i doubt the stock motor would be able to pull that back and even if it could the gearbox is proberly very low quality and would crack or if its plastic snap.. sorry dude
                              ahh ok mate cheers for the info really helpfull all of you will probally be back with more question soon !

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

taffy047 16 years of ageeee alex :) Find out more about taffy047
                              Working...
                              X