Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S&t tar 21

Hi all
    Just read the article in Airsoft Action about the S&T TAR 21, all sounds good on the write up, it's a change from the M4's G36's and AK's.
    Anyone own, had or know anyone who's got one,what are they like pros-cons etc as I've seen one for £149 new
    Thanks Darren
    Last edited by dazzer106; 31 October, 2013, 21:00. Reason: Wrong title

sigpic
    OHHH BEHAVE!!
    GETSUM! GETSUM! GETSUM!
    YEAH BABY YEAH

Re: S&t tar 21

The internals are questionable being based on the equally flaky ARES Tavor, the externals are by far the worst I have ever had the misfortune to come across, honestly there must have been a spate of wheely bin thefts in that region of China.

Apparently they make a 'premium' version which have plastics that more closely resemble the ARES but it's twice the price. I'd stick to a G36 TBH.
    - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole! I'm assuming it's the plastic gearbox version also, so I wouldn't expect it to last too long. Essentially it's a cheap clone of an already quite flawed design.

Comment

The old ones were really bad. Totally off scale. This was a few years back, and since then the newer ones are a bit better. Not great, but not the worst AEGs ever.

Comment

i have one i bought off a friend and it works a charm
          it being the cheapest gun i own, it outranges most of what i have and its standard, no upgrades

yes the externals are a bit cheap looking/feeling but on the whole, i think its an ok gun

Comment

I have one. Out of the box the performance is 'ok'.
            Stock airseal could be better and stock barrel is 6.08. Still, 8mm solid metal bushings, vented piston head, microswitch trigger, quick change spring and arl/bolt release for £150? Bargain.
            Fitted Ultimate piston + head, 455mm 6.01 barrel, taped cylinder head, shimmed hop (stock rubber is ok) and dremeled the battery compartment to take a 9.6v 1600 w/deans.
            Very happy with it now, great range and accuracy. Takes some getting used to if you don't usually use bullpups. Only downside is the body could be better, nice solid feel but looks a bit shiny, and when it's apart/being taken apart, feels a bit delicate, lots of bending and sweating.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
            Using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok thanks for replys decided to get a pistol instead.

sigpic
              OHHH BEHAVE!!
              GETSUM! GETSUM! GETSUM!
              YEAH BABY YEAH

Comment

How to build a S&t tavor ,, find a margerine container paint some trades on it , fill it with bird pooh and cheese , and you will do a better job than S&t did on this gun !

Comment

Originally posted by Burmaluke View Post
                  I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole! I'm assuming it's the plastic gearbox version also, so I wouldn't expect it to last too long. Essentially it's a cheap clone of an already quite flawed design.
                  saying dont touch is because it has a plastic gearbox is like saying dont touch a glock because it has a plastic lower, ares/star made "plastic" gearboxes that are apparently stronger than some of the metals used in standard GBs
                  VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                  trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

The S&t is a cheap nasty remake of the ares tavor , the ares version was a flawed gun to start with. . Why anyone would feel the desire to buy a cheaper nastier remake of what was a bad gun in the first place is beyond comprehension . At least the ares version had nice externals and with a lot of work and upgrades could be made to work . The S&t version uses some of the nastiest cheap and weak plastic for its externals I have ever seen . A well d90 looks like a quality bit of kit when put next to one .
                    Definetly a purchase for the masochists amongst us all !

Comment

Originally posted by sparrowhawk View Post
                      saying dont touch is because it has a plastic gearbox is like saying dont touch a glock because it has a plastic lower, ares/star made "plastic" gearboxes that are apparently stronger than some of the metals used in standard GBs
                      I didn't actually say dont touch it because of the plastic gearbox. I said dont touch it anyway because, as stealth killer pointed out, it is a cheap clone of a flawed design. The plastic gearbox is just (in my opinion) another problem with it.

Comment

The actual gearbox used in the ares tavor is really strong . ( par the piston ) very similar to the magpul pdr recently released . The weaknesses are the piston ,motor , hop unit and the abortion of a linkage that both guns use , the trigger pull is way to long because of this . The mag release is hit and miss on both guns . Have seen a video of an S&t tavor having its receiver shot through with bbs at a skirmish . Will see if I still have it buried somewhere .remember it was an American site .
                        The only guns I can compare the S&t tavor to for build quality and finish is the new umarex sportline entry level two tone ump and g36 . Horrendous guns . !

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

dazzer106 Find out more about dazzer106
                        Working...
                        X