Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

£150 budget sniper rifle, ideas please!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• £150 budget sniper rifle, ideas please!?

Hi all,

I'd like to purchase a sniper rifle soon, but not sure which is better so I'm after some advice/thoughts.

Budget - £150.00(ish) and I'd prefer BOLT ACTION to be honest.

I've looked at the Dragunov and TM VSR-10 Pro, though obviously open to opinions.

Regards, Carlos.

Re: £150 budget sniper rifle, ideas please!?

1. Are you 18 and over?
    2. Are you entitled to use the defence?
    3. Have you tried sniping before?
    4. Have you even played airsoft before?

Comment

Yes, yes, yes, yes. I Tried a Dragunov today at a skirmish, quite liked it but would like to know what others think.

Thanks for speedy reply.

Comment

All good then. Reason i ask is alot of the younger generation seem to always want a sniper rifle. And then they get there parents to get them a snot green one. Which ruins the whole aspect. Whats your fps site limits for a bolt action. But without even knowing that the TM VSR is the best out of the box. And easily upgradeable. TM also do an L96 now but it can be a pain to upgrade. Obviously you can get cheaper rifles such as jg and well/warrior. But these are nowhere the standard of the TM. Maruzen also do a nice L96

Comment

Get the TM VSR. Hands down.

Comment

I have been swaying towards the TM VSR, unfortunately have not been able to try one out.

Any thoughts on a scope to go with it? (still trying to keep the budget down, the will kill me soon!)

Comment

to be honest a scope is a scope in airsoft. They all do the same really

Comment

They are great.

Downsides, they don't feel or look particularly "real" as in they are not a great replica of any gun.

They need a bit of tinkering to get them to be competitive over range. The good news is, you can do this incrementally.

Upsides, the VSR is very reliable and very simple and can be tuned to shoot insanely well, as well as much more expensive options.

I'd go for a G-Spec variant if I were you...

Comment

carlos

richter optik 3-9x40 will set you back £25
                  simmons blazer 3-9x40 will set you back £35 ish

best glass you will get for that price range. you will need to look into mounts etc, but search around youll find something im sure.

BEN vsr 10's are remington 700's mate.

Comment

The VSR can seem too light for some, but it's by far the best performer. So it's a choice of performance or cosmetic appearance.
                    For a scope any SMK scope should do. They have a 28mm X4 scope with the 20mm mounts for like 15-20 quid.

Comment

For the money TM L96 but as Hunter says upgrades are a problem, although all you should need is a TK twist barrel and an outer fluted barrel for the correct "look" possibly an upgrade for your hop rubber too.
                      Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

If your look for a scope I have a simmons which I am not currently using so could be pursuaded to part with it.

Shame about your budget as I also own a APS2 fully upgraded already which is also in the frame for finding a new owner.
                        Sir we are f&cked we are surrounded. Son we are not f&cked we are in a target rich enviroment.
                        Team Spartan & GZ Marshal (No longer a ZX12 owner have gone to the poweranger's toy of choice ZX10R)
                        Any post's are my own opinion.

Comment

TM VSR 10. I wouldnt worry too much about the G-Spec. I couldnt tell the difference sound wise. Unnoticable during a game. Hell some guy with a Barret .50 cal AEG was the last guy left on the enemy team and we struggled to find him :L His gun was loud too :L
                          Originally posted by B.E.N.
                          Originally posted by TheLazymarksman
                          Tactical bed covers...
                          Double or single?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

carlos Find out more about carlos
                          Working...
                          X