M16 Hop-up Issue!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M16 Hop-up Issue!

Right Guys and Girls, a quick little question thats just bitten me on the backside today during a skirmish. My AGM M16 has started firing wildly to the right even with zero wind. The entire system has only just been put through a service and internals check. I know it's an issue with the hop, but I thought I better ask on here what would be the best action of the following options.

1: Take the bucking out and replace it, maybe also the rubber.

2: Replace the whole unit, rubber and bucking.

3: Buy the whole unit, rubber and bucking and experiment with the various pieces.

I do know my way around changing these features on an AEG and I can do this, but I would want to know if anyone had any better suggestions and where I could go with this.

Thanks, Teddy.
    sigpic
    http://Teddypotts.DeviantART.com

Re: M16 Hop-up Issue!

Seems odd for it to veer to the right. Theoretically a hop will only affect vertical movement.

Give your barrel a thorough clean first.

If it's not that, take the hop out and check the rubber is intact. Also check that the nub hasn't gone in at an odd angle -*maybe it's soshed, so applying more pressure on one side of the bucking?

When you fix it, be sure to post the outcome here, as forums are useless if people don't publish the final answer!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Teddykiller I am who I am, and that is all, just a fellow airsofter ready to talk b******* anytime! Find out more about Teddykiller
    Working...
    X